first time 1/4 mile drag questions

ferdtucks

sean
Reaction score
hi i have a 01 f-350 and wanted to try it at the strip sometime. this is what i ahve been told to do. put it in 4wd hi and lock the hubs and try to spool it up as much as i can before launching does this sound right? any tips or things i might need to do to the truck before i go:dunno

CSIPSD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dont burn out, go around the water pit. Put it in 4wd before you pull in, give it 100 feet to make sure its locked in. As you come up to the line start standing on the brake, get to the pre stage and then hold the brakes hard, push the accel harder and let it just skweak up to the stage. STOP the second you see the lights come on, you want to be staged as far back on the line as you can. Timing takes a bit but you need to leave a milla second before the green... It takes alot of red lights to get it right but you will.

You want to leave BEFORE the green... Should see 15-18# boost before you lift, lock out the OD until you get to the 3rd redline.

CSIPSD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yup, sometimes it will drop into OD early... You can try it without and again with it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rukirok