Ford recall 1.8M trucks and SUV - 7.3L CPS!! **Main Discussion thread**

J_F250

SDD Burger Flipper
Reaction score
took mine to the dealer Friday to have it replaced. I was in and out in 15 minutes. First they "check" to make sure it is the old style. If it is, which mine was and I was surprised, they replace it. It runs/starts better.

J_F250

SDD Burger Flipper
Reaction score
I just made an appointment.....but I also made sure that they had the part in stock before I went. I called a local dealership first locally and they told me the CPS was on back order. I called a "better" dealership and they had it in stock. :sweet

ForumBlue

CDXX
Reaction score
I've already replaced mine and my Dads (both on the road at the time) and purchased one for each of our glove boxes. Of course this was a while back when they were quite a bit more expensive.

Last edited:

Mobeydick

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You think they will give me a new one, Even if after 280,000 I've never replaced mine?!!

powerstroker24

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
yes we will give you a new one!

After forever its has finally happened. not only are we giving you new sensors under a recall no matter what the mileage but to really make things messed up is that the went from $180 to $25. It blew my mind when I went to work and got the news. By the way the oem color is black and the new one is gray. Bring it in if you havent got the gray one-if you talk to a diesel tech before the service writer ask him if he will let you just have the new one instead of installing it so you got a extra(he may not due parts return warranty reasons but I would).

Sportsnutim

Sportsnutim
Reaction score
Boy from what I hear.....

this is happening to me and my wife as we drive down the road; engine stalls and stops running: very dangerous. Replaced the CPS 1.5 years ago and from what everyone is telling me it is the sensor again I hope so because my truck is going into the Ford Shop Monday 28 Jan 08.

2001 Superduty 4x4 F-250 7.3

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14