Freebie Mods

AK Rover

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I did the high idle mod using one of the upfitter switches. That's pretty awesome that a mod like that can be one for free. Are there any other of these freebie mods I should look at doing?

strokepower

Stroke=Power
Reaction score
well if you don't wanna spend the 10.00 that bama uses to make his look nice and perty (as all of bama's stuff is :thumbs)..... you can take a drill bit and drill a bunch of little holes in the piece that you see in bama's pics... or if you have some screen laying around has I did you can make a bigger hole like the "down spout hole" and cover it with the piece of screen to keep the bigger bugs out.... either way it works really well and is a nice intake mod for next to nothing

AK Rover

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm going to check out doing the Zoodad mod. Has anyone ever used like window screen to cover the opening and keep the small bugs out?

strokepower

Stroke=Power
Reaction score
well if you don't wanna spend the 10.00 that bama uses to make his look nice and perty (as all of bama's stuff is :thumbs)..... you can take a drill bit and drill a bunch of little holes in the piece that you see in bama's pics... or if you have some screen laying around has I did you can make a bigger hole like the "down spout hole" and cover it with the piece of screen to keep the bigger bugs out.... either way it works really well and is a nice intake mod for next to nothing

that is the "screen" im referring to... i didn't think to say window lol.. but that is what I used.... I took a drill and put in a 1-1/2" like hole cutter thing (it made a perfectly round circle and I have no clue what the proper name of it is) then i found an old piece of plastic and cut the same hold in it.. then I made the piece of plastic a retangular shape about the size of the space that is in the general area we are talkin about... I rapped the screen around the plastic rectangle with the hole in it.. then screwed the rectangle piece with the holes matching up to the area in front of the intake horn... the window screen works great and if I ever need to replace it... all i have to do is unscrew that plastic piece and rap it with new screen.....

ps sorry for the lack of term knowledge...

AK Rover

Full Access Member
Reaction score
that is the "screen" im referring to... i didn't think to say window lol.. but that is what I used.... I took a drill and put in a 1-1/2" like hole cutter thing (it made a perfectly round circle and I have no clue what the proper name of it is) then i found an old piece of plastic and cut the same hold in it.. then I made the piece of plastic a retangular shape about the size of the space that is in the general area we are talkin about... I rapped the screen around the plastic rectangle with the hole in it.. then screwed the rectangle piece with the holes matching up to the area in front of the intake horn... the window screen works great and if I ever need to replace it... all i have to do is unscrew that plastic piece and rap it with new screen.....

ps sorry for the lack of term knowledge...

My bad. I saw the pictures Bama posted in his write up and noticed he used a larger steel mesh/screen. I completely spaced that you mentioned using scree you had lying around. My primary thought was that the holes in window screen material were too small to allow good air flow but if it's working for you that's good enough for me.

What's the trick to getting the grille out? I figured out the screws out the top (DUH, that was tough) but don't want to break the clips at the bottom. Any easy way to get those unclipped?

BamaSixGun

SDD Super Mod/Staff
Reaction score
Stroke, that thinga-ma-jig that cuts the hole is called a HOLE SAW.

The main reason that I used the downspout was to more or less help the air get directed to the snorkel opening instead of maybe getting "lost" around the zoodad opening. Now of course, this is merely "Theory of Bama" and maybe hold no truth whatsoever. :D

AK Rover

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Stroke, that thinga-ma-jig that cuts the hole is called a HOLE SAW.

The main reason that I used the downspout was to more or less help the air get directed to the snorkel opening instead of maybe getting "lost" around the zoodad opening. Now of course, this is merely "Theory of Bama" and maybe hold no truth whatsoever. :D

It sounds like a good theory to me. LOL. Does the opening have to be as large as you made yours? I was thinking of just using a single downspout rather than piecing 2 together (if you don't mind me copying your idea, of course).

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14