front axle

runnindiesel

yeppers....
Reaction score
well i was told that a local wrecking yard here has a dana 50 for sale for 100 bucks. I was told the only problem was that a huba was bad and will need replacing. I wasnt sure if they were talking about the huba nd bearing assambly or something else, but im going to go look at it on saturday and maybe i can start trying to do a conversion on my truck. we will see how it is.

highfive

USMC HMH-465 88-94
Reaction score
You did clarify that was a solid axle 99+ dana 50 and not a POS TTB dana 50, sounds like a good price if it's a solid one-I'd do one for that price.

runnindiesel

yeppers....
Reaction score
yes sir its out of a 99, so even if it needs both new hubs (im not sure havent seen it yet) it would still be worth it

Hoss 350

My GSP, Dutch
Reaction score
If it is a solid axle, not TTB or TIB "independent" suspension (which sucks) then you could replace BOTH hubs, all the bearings, steering knickles, and rebuild the differential and STILL be ahead of the game, IMHO.

I usually see used Dana axles for straight axle conversions going for $1,600.

On edit, it appears as though you may be attempting a 2-wd to 4wd conversion!!! Wow, you are a brave mofo, my friend! I've never tried it on one of these trucks before, so I am curious as to how it works out. Want to keep us all posted? We'd sure appreciate it!!!

runnindiesel

yeppers....
Reaction score
yes sir i will be converting hoping that the axle is good and all it needs is the hub assembly, and yes it is the solid axle. so hopefully a little time and money and my truck will be a 4wd.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14