Fuel additives lubricity breakdown

Crumm

Fordoholic
Reaction score
Here's a breakdown of several fuel additives containing their lubricity numbers along with how they rank,some of the products in the list may surprise many with how well they do.

I wonder if there is a way to get the numbers for Howes Diesel Treat Conditioner. I have been using it for some time. The Howes Meaner Power Kleaner that ranked #11 is a different product.

Diesel Treat: Increased power & MPG’s, Cleaning and Lubricating of fuel injectors, Fuel filters lasting up to three times longer and the harmless removal of water.

Meaner Power Kleaner: formulated to increase the life of the fuel injection system, resulting in more power, lower emissions, increased Mpg’s and a decrease in maintenance costs. Reduces sediment formation, including rust and scale, plus eliminates water problems.

The Kleaner sounds more like a cleaner as where the Diesel Treat is a Lubricator. Wonder why they didn't test it. I would like to see the results if they did so I can see if I need to switch to 2-stroke.

JRJ04

Reaction score
I raised this question in another thread, but thought it would be more appropriate here...

knowing that diesel in the winter has a lower BTU value which = lower mileage, is there some sort of additive we could use to bring that BTU value back up to summer blend specs? I'm already using the TCW3 2 cycle oil...wonder if a higher concentration would be better in the winter?

Your thoughts?

Zookie400

I WANNA GO FAST
Reaction score
just my opinion, but i think a higher concentration of 2smoke oil should do the trick. how high.....?

side note, look at how many linkbacks this thread has.

JRJ04

Reaction score
well i would think it would make sense because the 2 stroke oil raises the btu value back up to closer what LSD used to be. Seems like i remember there being a point at which you have too much it will actually wok against you.

Anyone else have thoughts?

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
well i would think it would make sense because the 2 stroke oil raises the btu value back up to closer what LSD used to be. Seems like i remember there being a point at which you have [too much will actually wok against you.]

Anyone else have thoughts?

I've been using the 2 cyl oil from WMart (cuz it's easy to find).. religiously since CHP passed the benefit of it along.

I top of at 1/2 a tank and just add a 16 oz. jug each time. But now & then i top off with out adding any.. just to thin the mix, or substitute the 2cyl with a dose of Power Service.

If anything.. I'm probably running it a bit thin, but darn close.. JMO but ANY lubrication is better than none.. as provided by ULSC dezel.

Joe

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58