Getting Closer (TT first time use)

BamaSixGun

SDD Super Mod/Staff
Reaction score
Finally got the title to our Gulfstream Cavalier TT (aka a FEMA TT :D) today. Went straight to the courthouse and got a tag for it today too.

Finally legal and itching to use it. Need a little help on some pre-use tips, info, etc.

I know I will get lots of good advise, can't wait for the tips.

Let's go RV'n boys.
caravan.gif

WD40

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am always in the mood for a camping trip. Just got back from one last Friday. Went to North East Arkansas for
a few days and after all of the flooding I couldn't get home, so we just stayed 7 days tell some of the water
went down. Some call it camping I call it home. Hope you have many good camping trips together.

Doug

WD40

Full Access Member
Reaction score
(Need a little help on some pre-use tips, info, etc.) If it is a FEMA trailer, then put all
new tires on it and clean and pack all of the wheel bearing and clean the break shoes
and magnets on each wheel. Make sure each wheel has power to the brake and magnet.
These trailers have been setting at the Hope Arkansas Airport for the last 4 or 5 years.
Make sure rats didn't chew into any of the wires or water lines in the RV, does the
water heater light and work good, does the fridge work on gas and 120V?

Doug

Last edited:

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
(Need a little help on some pre-use tips, info, etc.) If it is a FEMA trailer, then put all
new tires on it and clean and pack all of the wheel bearing and clean the break shoes
and magnets on each wheel. Make sure each wheel has power to the brake and magnet.
These trailers have been setting at the Hope Arkansas Airport for the last 4 or 5 years.
Make sure rats didn't chew into any of the wires or water lines in the RV, does the
water heater light and work good, does the fridge work on gas and 120V?

Doug

X2 with Doug

Summed up ? After you check everything out.. Do an "Overnight'r".. at the house..as if you were at a Campground/Rv park.

Let us know of any issues ?

IIRC your "Rig" doesn't have Holding Tanks, yet ? If not.. you may want to check with the Campground/RV park you plan on going to.. Even though they have "Hook-ups".. ( buy Law & local ordinances) many places [Require] all Rigs.. to be Self Contained and Sustainable, i.e.: Black water, Grey water, Fresh water Tanks ?

WD40

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes on what Joe said, I had forgot that most of these don't have tanks on them. Waiting to hear from you BAMA. Sure hope yours has tanks, because they are not cheap to have installed.

BamaSixGun

SDD Super Mod/Staff
Reaction score
Towed the trailer home over 300 miles from where I picked it up. Tires are brand new, brakes worked well all the way home. All the lights work except for the porch light. Tried a new bulb, but still doesn't work, so gotta go deeper. Already ran A/C and it was Crummy cold. Fridge is electric only, I think. Haven't gotten the propane tanks filled yet.

How can I check to see if the fridge is propane too? Gotta get a break away battery for it too.

Gotta get it hooked up with some water to see how everything works in that area. And it does not have holding tanks.

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What Brand of Fridge is it ? is it built in ? or stand alone ? If it's not built in.. it's most likely just electric (115v)

Without Holding tanks.. you might be hard pressed to find a Campground that will accept you :(

What kinda connections are there, on the out side, for the toilet, shower & sinks

Some Pics would sure help Bama.

Joe

Dogman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I dont think FEMA trailer came with gas fridge. There all house units I think.

BamaSixGun

SDD Super Mod/Staff
Reaction score
The fridge is a full size fridge and is bolted to the wall. No way to take a picture of the bottom. So I am pretty sure it is only electric.

I will take some pics Joe. I have seen plenty of FEMA trailers just like mine at our local state park. Can't go there anytime soon though, the tornadoes of 2 weeks ago really did a lot of damage.

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The fridge is a full size fridge and is bolted to the wall. No way to take a picture of the bottom. So I am pretty sure it is only electric.

I will take some pics Joe. I have seen plenty of FEMA trailers just like mine at our local state park. Can't go there anytime soon though, the tornadoes of 2 weeks ago really did a lot of damage.

Prolly is only AC then.

The acceptance thing is just based on my experiences RV'n 'round the country Stephen, it varies from State to state, County to County, Park to Park.. but No Holding Tanks, Is something to be considered (?) as You travel around ?

Until you address the tank(s) issue.. you could use a Portable tank ? One good web source for sizes.. and Everything RV for that matter, could be: campingworld.com.. along with yer local RV guyz ??

Joe

Last edited:

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jarrburg