Had to respond to this interstate accident today!!!

SHEP2011

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Gotta tell ya out of the 7 years i have been doing this job, this is the worst i've seen!!! long story short, a 18 wheeler was in the #3 lane (slow) lane on the south bound side and something happened with the driver of this truck that made him cross all 3 lanes taking a 4 runner, and a tundra pick up truck pulling a boat and all 3 crossed the median/cable barrier and into the north bound traffic and hit an orange 18 wheeler carrying synthetic wood. Ill let the photos do the talking so here is a few photos that i "can" show you guys!! As there is much worst pics i can't show!! Keep in mind that the temp outside today was at or just above 100 degrees

2 of these medic choppers landed in the south bound side to air lift the 2 people in the 4 runner..

055.jpg

Some radio/news guy sneaking up to get a better photo shot of the scene..
128.jpg

Took a few panoramic shots
146.jpg

145.jpg

112.jpg

there is a tundra pickup under the front cab of the 18 wheeler!!!
125.jpg

Here is what was left of the orange 18 wheeler
095.jpg

Here is the cab and the full load of that wood ended up!!
066.jpg

It was hot hot hot out but the state made sure all of the incident responders and law enforcement officers had plenty of stuff to drink.. This ice cooler was brought out full of water, Gatorade, power aid and ice bags (it has a generator on the front of the trailer for the power to keep the ice cooler cold)
139.jpg

And extra water was brought in also!!
162.jpg

North bound lanes was all closed for 8 hours in all...

Last edited:

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
WOW musta been horrific.

Been there. Worked a good number of Aircraft/Crash/Salvage scenes.

Yer right, there are pics that Can be Shown.. and Many that can't & shouldn't be shown.

SHEP2011

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
WOW musta been horrific.

Been there. Worked a good number of Aircraft/Crash/Salvage scenes.

Yer right, there are pics that Can be Shown.. and Many that can't & shouldn't be shown.

wow I bet those aircraft crash scenes is a real mess!!!

Oh my gosh!!! Any fatalities? I've never seen a big truck smashed like the orange one. That was really a bad one.
Yea 3 total.... Driver of orange truck, driver of white truck, and driver of black tundra!!
I have never seen a truck like that orange one before!!! Not even in google photos!!! I didn't think the cab would come off like that, i would have figured the trucks with the flat front end that the cab tilts forward to access the engine could have but not that orange type truck..

Last edited:

charlescmoss3

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
The people in the 4runner lived? That surprises me too. I wonder if the driver of the white truck had a medical condition...stroke or cardiac arrest, that caused all of this.

Zmann ARGH

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Crazy how fast your whole world can change or end

Dogman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thats bad man. I road up on a crash like that sec. after it happen when I drove over the road and it's something that is implanted in your head. What makes you sick is knowing that whole families are changed or wiped out in a sec. of time. In my case 2 whole families were killed and a truck driver. All over a seventeen year old drunk driver in my case. I was out of work for 6 weeks getting help from what I saw. It still bugs me when I see crashes with families involved.

I think the driver got life.

Zmann ARGH

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I do My best to look away and tell my family the same

If you can't help
look away it's not worth what Dogman went thru the very least it sticks with you for a long long time

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I do My best to look away and tell my family the same

If you can't help
look away it's not worth what Dogman went thru the very least it sticks with you for a long long time

ABSOLUTLY

When we come on to things like this.. the wife covers her eyes 'til I tell her it's okay. When the Kids were young... they'd duck down'n do the same.

For most folks... that stuff stays... for many, it can be worse.

DON'T LOOK.... yul be better off for it.

Tbar

SDD STAFF/Moderator
Reaction score
NO headboard on that trailer..........WOW!!!

Tbar

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58