HELP 97 f-350

Acetcruiser

Hello
Reaction score
HELP running 70 down the freeway it DIED Like it ran out of fuel or the key was turned off...I've checked the fuses under the hood (side of the freeway will go again tomorrow) replaced the CPS ......There is fuel in the fuel bowl I'm STUMPED Help PLEASE

P.S. I have a Superchips programmer it showed 2 cps fau;ts so i changed the CPS with a known good one and still no start It shows cranking RPM's with both CPS's... After it cleared the codes and installed the other CPS no start abd no new codes from cranking

Update ...checked all fuses there all good....i put about 1 quart of oil in the HPOP still no start and i pushed on the pin for the where you check fuel pressure .... nothing came out ...bad fuel pump? wouldn;t the motor empty the fuel bowl if the pump went bad then die?

Last edited:

dpantazis

Reaction score
What codes were they?

how good are your batteries? low voltage trips up these chips.

oil level?

else, pull the chip and unplug the batteries for 1/2 hour to reset the CPU and try again

Acetcruiser

Hello
Reaction score
can;t remeber the numbers right now but 0340 or 43 i think....baterys are pretty new and sound good oil is full and i filled the hpop with about a quart of oil no help

Acetcruiser

Hello
Reaction score
Update again.... I removed the superchips program so its now stock....I drained the fuel bowl and cranked it over and it refilled ...i removed the fpr cleened the screen and put air through the rest of it still nothing .....So i was bad and bought some starting fluid ,,, put a 1 or 2 second squirt to the ait filter and she fired for a second...so what does that emilanate or point me to as being the problem? if i need to check a sensor please describe where it is and how i need to check it please pic would be nice if you have one .... If anyone wants to talk over the phone about it i'll pm my number thankz in advance Matt

Zookie400

I WANNA GO FAST
Reaction score
its possible the cps faults are from a cam problem.......

i am thinking IDM as well. a long crank time with low voltage will cause cam/crank sensor faults to pop up on just about any computer controlled engine.

97retired

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
When you say dash lights look good, are you getting a (WTS) WAIT TO START LITE with key on.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14