Hey Computer Guru's/Scuba Divers....quick question?

kwazyca

Sesquipedalian
Reaction score
Hey folks.

I need to find a infrared receiver for my computer. I need it to download my dive logs and do some custom programming on a Uwatec Smartcom dive computer.

None of the local electronics places have any. I tried E-bay but I really do not know if the 2 I am looking at are what I need.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Tom

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
Try the company that makes the dive computer. They should have one, or be able to point you to a source. :oops:

Dave

kwazyca

Sesquipedalian
Reaction score
Thanks Dave. :thanks :thanks

That is pretty pricey. I have been seeing them for anywhere from $12.00-$35.00 for generic infrared/USB receivers. I wonder if I have to have a specific UMMMMM frequency or whatever?

Tom

Last edited:

dmftoy1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
kwazyca said:

That is pretty pricey. I have been seeing them for anywhere from $12.00-$35.00 for generic infrared/USB receivers. I wonder if I have to have a specific UMMMMM frequency or whatever?

Tom

I don't think so, but then again I don't know. If you look in the back of your owner's manual you should be able to find a tech spec's section that lists the spec's for the IR port. You could then match them up.

Good Luck!!

Have a good one,
Dave

RenoF250

DungBeetle
Reaction score
kwazyca said:

Tom

If it is IRDA that is a standard and as long as the adapter you buy is IRDA it should be comliant.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14