High Pressure Oil Crossover Hose kit?

goldhilljoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not from DP, but mine from TYMAR works and No problems(3yrs) with leaks etc.. I don`t know how much difference it makes, BUT..........:santa2

Tx_Atty

Master Baiter
Reaction score
Im getting one from Tymar Performance for XMas. Be sure you get all the correct parts. One line has to be moved on the driver's head and you will need the extra fittings. I posted an email from Dale describing the OBS setup but it was awhile ago. You might ask PDP about their setup and what it includes.

TexAlaskan

Got Oil?
Reaction score
When I got mine, the instruction sheet advises that the line should be replaced every 12 months. It looks like a decent quality braided hose and will probably last a lot longer than that, but they are just covering their rear-ends. I would inspect it as well as the other high pressure lines carefully and regularly given the firey consequences should one leak.

Last edited:

TexAlaskan

Got Oil?
Reaction score
I tried to install mine (can't remember which vendor but I will update later) per the enclosed instructions which said to use the third port on each side, but I had to use the second one on the left side because the oil line from the HPOP was thereand the line wouldn't reach (about 1/2" short). So, I went to the local hose fab shop and had one made for $40 and watched it pass the pressure test.
I'm going to them from now on for all my lines.:sweet

Merry Christmas:wave

Last edited:

ltfox

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I tried to install mine (can't remember which vendor but I will update later) per the enclosed instructions which said to use the third port on each side, but I had to use the second one on the left side because the oil line from the HPOP was thereand the line wouldn't reach (about 1/2" short). So, I went to the local hose fab shop and had one made for $40 and watched it pass the pressure test.
I'm going to them from now on for all my lines.:sweet

Merry Christmas:wave

Your supposed to move the line from the HPOP forward one hole and then put the HP crossover straight across. You lose some of its effectivness by not having it near the back of the heads and also by using a longer hose.

TexAlaskan

Got Oil?
Reaction score
Your supposed to move the line from the HPOP forward one hole and then put the HP crossover straight across. You lose some of its effectivness by not having it near the back of the heads and also by using a longer hose.

When I thought about that option it seemed like it was going to put too much stress on the line from the HPOP in the area of the crimp (which is where I have usually witnessed hydraulic lines developing leaks).
Is that what you did? If so, how much of a bend did it put in it, and how long has it been that way?
Also, it seems as though keeping the supply lines centraly located would be of greater benefit than relocating them in favor of an equalizer line. Really, I think we are splitting hairs at this point though because the motor seems smoother and the line is only 1.75" longer (very little additional friction loss and volume displacement).
I wonder what two smaller diameter lines located at both ends of the oil rails would do (the one in the rear routed/insulated away from the turbo). It may be more effective.:grin

ltfox

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When I thought about that option it seemed like it was going to put too much stress on the line from the HPOP in the area of the crimp (which is where I have usually witnessed hydraulic lines developing leaks).
Is that what you did? If so, how much of a bend did it put in it, and how long has it been that way?
Also, it seems as though keeping the supply lines centraly located would be of greater benefit than relocating them in favor of an equalizer line. Really, I think we are splitting hairs at this point though because the motor seems smoother and the line is only 1.75" longer (very little additional friction loss and volume displacement).
I wonder what two smaller diameter lines located at both ends of the oil rails would do (the one in the rear routed/insulated away from the turbo). It may be more effective.:grin

Both of mine are this way. This is the way all should be at least on the OBS trucks. Moving the HPOP feed line does cause it to loop up but nothing serious and I have never heard of one failing due to this. By moving the line forward... you feed both sides into the #2 holes and jumper the 3rd holes back. This will give the best results....and your right I dunno if it'll be noticable. It would be best to jumper between the back 2 holes but the lenth of the hose that would be needed would proably negate any benifit.

TexAlaskan

Got Oil?
Reaction score
It would be best to jumper between the back 2 holes but the lenth of the hose that would be needed would proably negate any benifit.
What I meant was putting a jumper on the front and the rear, thereby making a circle (sort of). I might try it sometime after I finish this part of the project.

ltfox

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What I have seen on some higher end set-ups is the line from the HPOP branching off and going to all 4 holes. So basically the line to each head feeds into all 4 ports. Another idea??

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14