How much Boost???

4x4sdd350

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
How much boost should a 1999 7.3 sdd with a k&n intake system and 4 and a half inch exuast make??? thanks

also does anybody have anything to say about the bully dog 6 position chip

Hoss 350

My GSP, Dutch
Reaction score
4x4sdd350 said:
How much boost should a 1999 7.3 sdd with a k&n intake system and 4 and a half inch exuast make??? thanks
I assume since you did not mention a chip/tuner/power adder that you do not have one. Keeping in mind that fuel makes boost, and restriction SUPPRESSES boost, your truck is technically only capable of making boost at stock levels, plus the boost you gain (free up) from losing the restriction of the stock airbox and exhaust. I hope that wasn't too confusing...

A stock PSD will max out at about 17 psi. Lose the restrictive airbox and stock exhaust, my scientific wild-a$$ guess is low 20's (say 21 or 22 psi) at WIDE OPEN THROTTLE at redline. But this is just a guess. Every one of these trucks is different, and some stock tunes make more boost than others.

Just keep in mind that your mods to date will not make more boost, only fuel can do that. The mods to date just freed up boost that was technically already there and was lost to restriction. Clear as mud?

also does anybody have anything to say about the bully dog 6 position chip
Nothing bad about Bully Dog, but if you want a chip, call Jody Tipton. He is a sponsor. You won't regret it, from everything I've heard, he is Mr. Wizard when it comes to making good, cool horsepower and good fuel economy to boot. HE will help your truck make so much boost that you will have to mod it so it doesn't defuel itself from high boost levels!

MUDWHISTLE

Diesel Lover
Reaction score
Don'tknow how much boost but I'd go with a t wildman chip bully dog has terrible customer service. and they are the same price plus less then half the turnaround time on reburns. (bullydog told me 6 weeks to two months on a reburn for a buddies chip and a 100 bucks wildman said two weeks and 25 bucks.) sounds like a no brainer. www.totaldieselperformance.com

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14