How much louder?

welder79

Welder79
Reaction score
I just put a tymar setup in and I can hear the turbo whistle just a little more than before...... If I put in a 3" downpipe will I be able to hear it even more? Do I need guages if all I have is the tymar setup, downpipe and open exhaust?

Crumm

Fordoholic
Reaction score
Just the downpipe will not change the sound much. To get more sound out of the exhaust you will need to remove the muffler.

With the intake and exhaust you will be lowering the egt so no you don't need guages but a pyrometer is always a good idea even on a stock truck.

dpantazis

Reaction score
oi8228oi said:
go with the strait pipe so you get that great rumble and the whistle, or maybe some stacks :sweet

umm, if he already has an 18" glasspack muffler, then he already has a straight pipe.

many of us run Walker Big Truck Mufflers, BTM's. glasspacks w/o the glass. the benefits of a 4" system for 1/4 the price.

to answer your other questions- you don't need gauges unless you mod the truck up and work it hard: put a chip on it and tow a 5'er or the like.
you want to keep an eye on things like EGT;s, trans temp, boost, etc,,. conventional wisdom says these trannys don;t like heat at all, so a real temp gauge on the trans is a good idea in addition to the pyro.

dennis

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jarrburg