Question HPX Mod

JRJ04

Reaction score
just got it all in the mail. do you need to take off the intake, intercooler lines etc.? They were talking about removing 2 plugs. I know of them but dont know where exactly to look. can someone help me pinpoint them?

dboyw

Full Access Member
Reaction score
These are the instruction for the SS line, but the pictures should help you see where the plugs are.

As for removing the intake, I don't think you have to, but unclamping both intercooler pipes to push out of the way, and removing the turbo Y pipe would make the job easier to get at. I had several turbo related jobs and did them all at once.

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
jourdan-
didn't dan include instructions? his instructions are probably the best out there.
slow down, take a deep breath, and reread stuff.
dp

X2 ! Slow down'n Take'r easy.

Locate where the UVC harness goes under the valve covers.. yul see the 2 plugs.

Pay Close Attention to steps 3 & 4 of dan's instructions. (Tighter.. Is Not Better.. when it comes to "O" ring type seals)

One thing to add ? After 3 or 4 warm ups/cool downs, re-check everything.. ;tu

Joe

JRJ04

Reaction score
well i got it on...and...........i really dont notice any difference at all. :rant it seems to idle about the same. do i need to drive it for a while first?? :dunno

dpantazis

Reaction score
remember, all it does is equalize the pressure between the HP oil galleries in each of the heads.

yes, you need to drive it a bit to work the air out. you should notice the the idle is smoother over time.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58