idle up mode

charleskalbach

Charles Kalbach
Reaction score
Is there a way to set up a idle up mode or pto mode etc.for a 2005 Excursion 6.0. I see instructions for super duty and 7.3 but not for 2005 EX

TexasExcursion

GOD Bless America!
Reaction score
powerboatr said:
yes
pretty simple two wires on your pcm/ecm not sure about the ex, but the pickup is here

poke here

Actually, that won't work on the 05 X's, Robert. We weren't fortunate enough to get the COMPLETE 05 upgrade like the Super Duties.:hail

Basically, you're going to have to find yourself a connector, connect it to one of the PCM harnesses, then run the wire through the firewall, connect it to a switch and a power source, and you're in business. Just did this a few weeks ago and it works like a charm. Toughest part is procuring a connector that will work (hit up a dealership and ask for a thrown out harness, and cut off a connector).

You can also read the link that describes it in more detail with some great pictures. Post #30 has the pictures in it.

Good luck! :sweet

powerboatr

living well in Texas
Reaction score
yep
I wasnt sure if you guys got the gold or not, you would think so since you got the nice seat, dvd players, third row seating, dual zone rear a/c etc etc.

TexasExcursion

GOD Bless America!
Reaction score
powerboatr said:
yep
I wasnt sure if you guys got the gold or not, you would think so since you got the nice seat, dvd players, third row seating, dual zone rear a/c etc etc.

Tell me about it..... :oops:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14