Lets Talk Alarms and Remote Starters

Max Power

Reaction score
No worries, I don't really sell them to be installed by customers anyways. It's not really a DIY project unless you have a really good understanding of the vehicles electrical system. Even then it's hard to beat 15 years of experience of a good installer.

95_stroker

Jefe
Reaction score
Max Power said:
It's not really a DIY project unless you have a really good understanding of the vehicles electrical system. Even then it's hard to beat 15 years of experience of a good installer.

Whatcha doin next weekend?

-popcorn

95_stroker

Jefe
Reaction score
Max Power said:
What you got in mind? :D

Aww heck, Im getting married, but you can swing on in for some cold frosty ones if ya want..................... Cuz I realy dont think my bride will be letting me play trucks with the neighborhood kids this weekend. :cussing:

:roflmao

kwazyca

Sesquipedalian
Reaction score
95_stroker said:
I know, this is my second time...therefore I worry.................... :D

Odds are worse on the second one than on the first. :eek: :oops: :sorry

OOPS....I mean congratulations Mike!

Crumm

Fordoholic
Reaction score
Yeah let's talk remote starters

Max Power said:
I sell and install nothing but astrostart.
Just the guy I have been looking for. I installed a UltraStart on my F350 and it works great, no problems. Our Excursion has a AstroStart and it is a different story. The previous owner had it installed at a local dealer. It seems like we have to take it in every six months to get it reprogrammed since it is not user programmable. The plug something into the antenna wire and fix it up but then in a few months it looses it memory and has to go back in for another tune-up. Things like run-time and cool-down time go back to the factory pre-set and they are not long enough. The latest problem is that the unit quit working all together. About three weeks ago it went dead and will not do a thing. I changed the batteries in the remote and the red light on the remote works but nothing happens. I have not had a chance to take it in but I was just thinking about removing it and installing a UltraStart that is a little more user friendly. Am I having an isolated case of Astrostart problems or are they a little temperamental?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14