LF Door Switch Question

Ezzie

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I have a 2006 F350 PSD Crew Cab and having a problem with the LF door switch. When I shut the door, I get an indication in the instrument panel "LF Door Ajar". When leaving the truck and locking up, the courtesy lights (interior and bed) stay on for about 10 minutes then finally go out.

Is this a sensor problem? I can't seem to find it - is it inside the door on the latch or something?? Any ideas appreciated.

JRJ04

Reaction score
It is a sensor problem...its pretty common for people to have trouble with this. Usually, you can take a can of wd-40 and shoot it all in the latch of the door. Open and close it a few times and that should lube the switch up and you should be good to go!

Ezzie

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Thanks guys. I tried it but couldn't get it to work. I ended up taking the door panel off and pulling out the latch mechanism. The door switch snaps in the bottom and when I pulled that out, I found that the actuator was siezed up due to white powdery corrosion around the shaft where it goes into the plastic housing. Wouldn't move anymore. I cleaned it up good, and put some silicon grease on it an works great now.

Goog thing to, I checked first with the parts dept. at the local Ford dealer and they don't sell just the switch - you have to buy the whole latch mechanism for a mere $94 CDN!!!

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14