Light Bulb Question

Diesel Kinevel

97 Stroker
Reaction score
I bought a set of Sylvania SilverStar bulbs for my truck and a kinda weird thing happened. The highbeams were on when in the lowbeam setting. The dash highbeam light stays on all the time. when the low beams are on it looks as if the light is yellowed like a old halogen bulb. any ideas guys?

thanks-

Zach

hheynow

Señor Aceite de Soja
Reaction score
ive got no no clue but atleast i know what lights not to buy:sly hows that 97 pull with that chip?

Just because his lights have gremlins does't mean that Sylvania Silver Stars are lousy. Just the opposite. They are great. I've been using them for years.

97powerstroker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
there not blue lights are they cause i dont think i like them to much,i dont like em in my rear view mirror anyway.

97powerstroker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
actualluy,is it possible you put the connector in upside down,were your high beams would be your primary lights.im not sure if its even possible to do that but its just a thought.

Diesel Kinevel

97 Stroker
Reaction score
actualluy,is it possible you put the connector in upside down,were your high beams would be your primary lights.im not sure if its even possible to do that but its just a thought.
are the bulbs side sensitive like one for the left and one for the right or did I put the bulb in upsidown? the connectors only snap in 1 way. Im really reaching for anything trying to figure it out

97powerstroker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
if they snap in one way you cant get that mixed up so scratch that idea,it doesnt seem like it would matter what side you put them in,maybe you should put the old ones back in and see if the problem now exists in them as well,if not i would take the lights back and get another set,they could be screwed up somehow,defective you know.

fordtrucker4life!

I work with waste
Reaction score
I put in silverstars last year and have had no problems. Are your sure that they are the right bulb for your truck, just because it looks like your old ones doesn't mean that is has the same wire diagram internally.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14