Looking for ideas...

Scot

;()
Reaction score
My FICM was recently replaced which corrected most of my issues FROM HERE. It seemed almost fine for a while but now I have the following.

Startup: just seems to smoke (white) and stink
Warmed up: runs fine , no smoke, still stinks
Warm start: runs ok, not perfect for 3-5 minutes. & throws white smoke on gradual acceleration. Floor it and there is no smoke.
EGR just cleaned
New FICM putting out 48v
Injectors all sound the same on buzz test
No codes thrown.
Not losing coolant

FYI: In the post linked above, I never did replace the sensor I mention.

Any suggestions?

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
I just had my FICM replaced because of hard to start in the morning. I have not had any smoke or smell at all. I am happy with mine.

Dave

ckamp52

ckamp52
Reaction score
try draining the hcfm....i think thats what its called drawing a blank...anyways its the water separator onthe frame rail fuel filter stuff....every now and then mine will smoke and i drain this and its good to go...hope you get it figured out

Jetpilot1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Scot

Sounds like you still have problems. You have AE so you have access to alot of info.
Warm her up you should see the EP (exhaust pressure) at idle of about 15-17psi. I mention EP cause it sounds like you have possibly been running rich, which may have plugged your cat, possibly the source of the stink. IAT2 should be about ambient plus 100F when warm.
Something I like to keep an eye on is the HP oil system. The IPR regulator should be less than 30%, most are 23-26% at a hot idle. If you see much more than 30% or so at idle you may have a HP oil leak, or bad hp pump. Finally if those things check out, you may want to check the glow plugs out. I assume you have been keeping up on the regular filter changes (both fuel filters, and the oil filter (plus bypass). If all that is OK you may still have injector issues, the buzz test isn't foolproof. Let me know how it works out!

Scot

;()
Reaction score
Sounds like you still have problems. You have AE so you have access to alot of info.
Warm her up you should see the EP (exhaust pressure) at idle of about 15-17psi. I mention EP cause it sounds like you have possibly been running rich, which may have plugged your cat, possibly the source of the stink. IAT2 should be about ambient plus 100F when warm.
Something I like to keep an eye on is the HP oil system. The IPR regulator should be less than 30%, most are 23-26% at a hot idle. If you see much more than 30% or so at idle you may have a HP oil leak, or bad hp pump. Finally if those things check out, you may want to check the glow plugs out. I assume you have been keeping up on the regular filter changes (both fuel filters, and the oil filter (plus bypass). If all that is OK you may still have injector issues, the buzz test isn't foolproof. Let me know how it works out!

Yep, I'm keeping up on the filters and anything routine. I'll try your other suggestions Thursday or Friday.

Thanks

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14