lowering F-350 4X4

Crumm

Fordoholic
Reaction score
95_stroker said:
Cant you get hitch extensions for either the 5'ver plate in the bed OR the pin on the trailer?
You can raise the hitch enough to clear the bed but the problem is that then the trailer is way too nose-high.

Lift the trailer, don't lower the truck..

BJS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
get a competent welding shop to weld some box steel on to the frame of the trailer to give you lift for the spring mounts on the 5ver. This will allow you to raise the trailer the amount you need, the only downside is that you will more than likely need a set of auxillary steps for ingress & egress of the 5ver.

powerboatr

living well in Texas
Reaction score
russ
i had the same problem with my 92 250 4x4 we had about 4 inches clearance, drug that thing all over, really only had a bed touch issuse backing into my yard there it would rub enough to trade paint, but not bend.

4 inches will work, if you pay attention to entry and exits from places,
2 in higher up front than the rear is not bad, or to far out of level, but it places more load on the rear set of tires,
can you flip the trailer axles to be under the springs ?
what brand fiver is it?

Russ

Found On Russ' Drive
Reaction score
Crumm nailed the hitch height problem. The trailer is a 25/1/5 Jayco. The axles are already flipped. I guess I'd like to have the trailer at least 4-6" higher. Right now the biggest problem I've run it as far a bed clearance is the light plug on the trailer. I already busted the cover off(which holds the plug in) the plug is vertical beside the hitch. I'm thinking of moving the plug closer to the hitch, that way I can turn tighter in a twist before I hit anything. Here's a pic of the old truck and 5er. this is with the axles already flipped.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14