MBRP 5'' exhaust

07KingRanch

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, I'm considering buying an MBRP 5'' exhaust for my '07 F350 CC. I was looking at the "Installer Series". Does anybody know much about it? One of my biggest concerns is that it would rust out faster than stock. Are they well built, durable? And of course, they sound good right?
Thanks

JRJ04

Reaction score
Sound is great. You really dont need the 5inch unless youre pushing 500+ hp.

As far as the installer series goes, I would say that if you live in a warm climate where theres not much snow (if any at all), then its probably fine. Looks like youre located in Minnesota...so you'll be dealing with the salt on the roads etc...

If it were me, I would go with the 409 stainless at a minimum. If money isnt an issue...id go with the 304 stainless and youd never have to worry about it again.

07KingRanch

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the quick response. Yea, salt is definately a problem up here in Minnesota. Does 5'' sound alot better than 4"? To be honest, I'm just looking for something that'll make my truck sound mean as hell.

ckamp52

ckamp52
Reaction score
yeah with the salt and moisture up there def go with a stainless system, or cut off the cat and install a delete kit or cut out the muffler...4-5 makes no difference in sound

WD40

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the 4 in on my 06 6.0 and love the looks I get idling though a parking lot like Wal-mart, it sure has a good turbo whistle to it, and sounds great when you get on it. Pay the money and get the 304 stainless and forget about it. It's the only way to go where they put salt on the roads.
Doug

WD40

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My wife drove the truck a day or two ago, (that don't happen to often), but when she got out on the road she got on it and it puts a smile on my face from 2 blocks away.
I left the kitty at the vet when I put the 4 in on. LOL
Doug

WD40

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Apart from the great turbo whistle, is it much more throaty? Do you know what I mean?

Mine Exhaust:
Silverline,T304 stainless steel 4in exhaust Kitty at the vets. 5 In Tip

Yes I know what you mean......;tu;tu

Doug

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14