MBRP fitment issues

Crazyhorse

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I put the MBRP duals on my 03 dually about 4 months ago, and was pleased with the exhaust. Recently I've been trying to track a knocking metallic sound from the rear of the truck, and noticed the bottom leaf of my spring packs on both sides is hitting the top of the exhaust. The hangers on both sides angle forwards, like the exhaust is too far forward, however it is less than 1" from the spare, so I can't move it rearwards without getting rid of the spare tire... Is this a common problem, or am I "special"?

powerboatr

living well in Texas
Reaction score
are you on the short bus :roflmao

seriously it took me about two weeks to get it all fitted correctly, tkaes a bit to get it right
keep the downpipe clamp loose and then go back through all your pieces and move it around to get clearance, then retighten the downpipe clamp last

good luck its a tight one

Tail_Gunner

CRJ & ERJ A&P Mech.
Reaction score
powerboatr said:
keep the downpipe clamp loose and then go back through all your pieces and move it around to get clearance, then retighten the downpipe clamp last

I had to tighten my downpipe clamp first. The downpipe seemed to have just that one special spot when it wasn't hitting here or there. I think it may have been because I have an early 99. Early 99's the turbo sits just a tad lower than in the 99.5 and later. It may have fit easier with a 99.5.

Also I had to adjust the rear hangers some. I had to shorten the hanger to the rear of the muffler. The tailpipe hanger aft of the axle I had to adjust with some heat and a hammer because the exhaust tip was hanging too low. Aside from those relatively minor tweeks, its sweet. :sweet

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14