miss fire?

selphdanny

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Ok guy I need some help here. I had a miss in my truck before I changed my injectors. Well now I've got all new injectors and harnesses thinking that would also fix that problem. I've replaced the cam sensor twice. I put the Ford grey one in the problem didn't change. I ordered one off of rock auto that was identical to the orginal black one. But the problem is still there. I'm not getting any codes. Any ideas?

Last edited:

selphdanny

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
well to kinda clear it up is more like a stutter it only seems to happen after say 1300 rpms and up. it idles nicely. ive also noticed my programer doesn't really seem to change anything any more. before you could feel it add power but now you have to have it on the 100-hp setting to even tell a difference.

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
Programmers can cause problems. Remove it, electrically, from your truck and see what happens.

Dave

selphdanny

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I thought about that also. It's such a pain doing it. I've got a ts 6 pos. I've got to pull the computer. But either way ill try it

selphdanny

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Ok. I just pulled the chip out. No different. The only thing I can tell is the injectors get really loud then quite. Plus it wouldn't pull a greasy string out a cat ass right now. It has no power what so ever. I'm starting to think I may need to get the computer reflashed. Have any of you guys heard of having to reflash a computer after an injector change?

iracemine

black and tan
Reaction score
it takes a while to get the air out of the system after a injector install. but yes you need a autoenginuity to do a buzz test.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58