Mods

Acetcruiser

Hello
Reaction score
What ther Mods do you guys think i should do to my truck??? I'm happy with the performance so i don;t need a chip (YET) ....
How do you do the CCV Mod? what does it help?
I cleaned out my FPR screen the other day and it was FUNKY...so i took the stem out where the fuel filter goes and cleaned the bottom under it out good....BUT are there saposed to be any wires in there hooked to a fuel heater? mine had nothing in there but a steel ring that the filter sat on.....if no fuel heater here in MI would it make my truck smoke more on cold mornings? Also i read on "the other site" about a dt466 CPS anyone used one of them and if so how did it change the way your truck ran or MPG?

Thankz Guys.....

P.S. Mods i've already done are in sig.....

JOAT

I Found Nemo!
Reaction score
....BUT are there saposed to be any wires in there hooked to a fuel heater? mine had nothing in there but a steel ring that the filter sat on.....if no fuel heater here in MI would it make my truck smoke more on cold mornings?

The fuel heater is there to help prevent wax or gelling of fuel clogging the filter in cold weather. Won't affect smoke levels and as long as you use the appropriate fuel and additives for the temps you see you probably won't miss the fuel heater. I improvised a heavy duty fuel heater in my truck. Write-up on theFUEL HEATER MOD

Also i read on "the other site" about a dt466 CPS anyone used one of them and if so how did it change the way your truck ran or MPG?

I'm getting one as a spare, but will try it and see if I notice any improvements. Will post after testing.

Last edited:

BJS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
CCV mod has a couple variants

All involve you plugging where the CCV attaches to the intake and/or removing the protrusion into the intake path.

The DIY versions require you to rotate the CCV on the valve cover by 90° so the elbow is @ the back then you run a section of tube down to allow it to vent below the truck.

The other option is to run the tube into the exhaust...variants here is an exhaust check valve.

In my opinion you don't need to worry about this unless you're looking into an intercooler.

The final option is that racor has a CCV replacement that is a bolt in deal but it's somewhat expensive.

Crumm

Fordoholic
Reaction score
Acetcruiser said:
What ther Mods do you guys think i should do to my truck???
I would add a Pyrometer. I see you have a boost and tranny gauge in your signature but no pyro. The superchips 1705 tuner will make some heat. I use to run one before I got my chip and I had to watch the pyro when working it hard.

Acetcruiser

Hello
Reaction score
I cut 2 inches off the bottom of the lid to its open all the way around i put grease all the way around the top and bottom of the filter to make sure its sealed to the air box....it nnever pull in that filter minder anymore like it used to with a new filter and befor i cut the lid up

as for the pyro just waiting for the time and money to get to it....

Last edited:

95_stroker

Jefe
Reaction score
Well if you are looking for a relatively inexpensive mod with substantial gain you might consider the home made open element air filter.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14