Monster diesel additive

EmptyDub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sounds kinda fishy to me. First, the only endorsement is from the OCC group, which in my opinion did more harm than good (watch the 30 sec video - Paul Sr. should never be allowed to speak publicly again, bless his heart!).

Second, it hasn't been picked up by any parts suppliers- basically only available online??

Third, it has some mighty big claims: Reduces fuel consumption by 15%??

So.....If you have a 30 gal tank @15 mpg, you'd have a range of 450 miles.
An increase of 15% would mean you'd have an extra 4.5 gallons left over for the same distance traveled, which would increase your range to 517.5 miles and would come out to be 17.25 mpg... That's a little hard to believe- not saying it isn't possible, but coming from a completely unknown source with no credible backing??? I don't think I'm pouring it in my baby!

Just my :2c

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
Don't throw every can of garbage you see on TV at your truck!!!! Stick with what works like Diesel Kleen or Power Service. I don't use anything on any regular basis.

Dave

clintusaf

Clint
Reaction score
You make some valid points emptydub. Id like to see where this stuff stands on list from the additive survey that was done on the dieselplace.com.

And daveben, i would never put this stuff in my tank until i saw some reliable test. Ill stick with my supertech 2-stroke oil for now.

hheynow

Señor Aceite de Soja
Reaction score
Boosts the cetane number by 12.5%--twice the boost of premium gas over regular

Kinda misleading as gasoline is not rated in cetane but octane and it's not really a boost but a higher anti knock rating. I'll stick with Stanadyne or Diesel Kleen.

powerboatr

living well in Texas
Reaction score
power service here to, long time user

the occ episode last night..... they didn't quite understand the glow plug thing when they first tried to start it, :lmao:lmao

paul sr. I agree should be seen NOT HEARD. :stir

Fine69

Reaction score
I saw part of the show. They brought the CEO of Monster Diesel on to explain the stuff. He reminded me of Vince, the ShamWow guy! I'll stick with my Power Service.

SyN PSD

Lubrication Addict!
Reaction score
If it shows up on the shelves of WM or AZ or O'R I will give it a try, but I will not buy this product online and pay for shipping which is almost as much as the product.... not going to happen. A few members within the dieselplace have already used this product and praise the product....

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58