Moving along!

john griffin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm winding down on this series of upgrades.Finished up all the new interior and exterior wireing today.Everything worked correctly first time!The rear plowing light bar will have to wait but the circt works.The fuel dispenser,compressor, and front bumper floods are all good.Have to aim the lights,put the new grille in and I'm good for a while !IMG_2337.JPGIMG_2338.JPGIMG_2339.JPG

IMG_2341.JPG

john griffin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Battery terminals really annoy me.When they are bolted up the heads bury themselves in the lead terminal.My fix is to grind the side off some brass washers so that they take uo that space.When I clean and refurbish the terminals(once a year)I use a 12ga bore brush in my drill to clean everything.The bolts are removed and the slot between the two halves is renewed with a sabersaw.The bolt hole is reamed with a 21/64" drill bit.Then it is reassembled with a light coat of dielectric grease on the batt post only.The ground down brass washers are fitted and a brass bolt & nut with a bronze lock washer finishes the job up.I know I am too anal and this is way overkill,but then Ive never been stuck with a no-start because of dirty cables either!IMG_2342.JPG

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58