Need alittle more help.

moose35

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
First i wanna say sorry if this is in the wrong section. I just bought my first superduty around 3 weeks ago today. well ive noticed a few things not working on the truck....

First thing. I have no cruise control, horn or tow mode. Nothing happens when i try to use these functions. Any ideas?

Second. My passenger side mirror marker lights arent working. The defrost doesnt seem to work either. Are they linked together? Could they have just came un hooked? I called ford for a bulb number and i was told that its a one unit peace. Roughly $150.00 to replace...... Thank you in advance for your help, it will be greatly appreciated.

Oh the truck is an 03 6.0 f250 if that helps in any way.

Harley

rammertide07

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First thing I would do is check ALL of my fuses....under the hood and under the dash. Also, fill out your sig so we know what we're giving you advice on.

ckamp52

ckamp52
Reaction score
like rammer said start with the fuses ..cheap way to start a diagnosis.but it does make sense for that all to be linked together in one harness since they are all in the steering wheel and the dealer usually wont steer you wrong they are just more expensive most the time

moose35

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Well i tore apart the truck yesterday. i found that the mirror wasnt plugged in, easy fix. I have no clue about the cruise, horn or tow mode button. Ive spent the morning searching and trying to find a fuse diagram for under the hood, and in the cab...... Anyone know where i cant get these? I do not have a manuel for the truck so that is not an option. Thank you again for your help.....

The truck is a 2003 f250 crew cab with the 6.0 powerstroke.

rammertide07

Full Access Member
Reaction score
like rammer said start with the fuses ..cheap way to start a diagnosis.but it does make sense for that all to be linked together in one harness since they are all in the steering wheel and the dealer usually wont steer you wrong they are just more expensive most the time

Or do like I do...find a Ford mechanic that has his own shop at home and is cheaper. But most ppl don't have that convenience, so you could try it yourself if not in the fuses, or do what he said.

moose35

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
So just take a test light and hit all the fuses? just making sure im understanding what you said to do.

rammertide07

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So just take a test light and hit all the fuses? just making sure im understanding what you said to do.

Yep, might even find some other problems you didn't even know you had. Like with mine, I didn't know there was a fuse for the trailer lights untill I tested all of them.

NJKen

Is a proud new daddy
Reaction score
Is the airbag light on too? You could have a busted clockspring in the steering column could be broken. Check when you start the truck up that the airbag light does come on for a few seconds so you know its not burned out or removed.
Ken

moose35

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
My air bag light is on. the dealership is gonna replace the spring. is this why i dont have any of those functions?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14