Need Help/Advice: Firestone Dual Air Command II

BudMan

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
have a 2006 F350 Dually with a B&W Companion 5'er.

I bought Firestone Air Bags (Model 2071) and the Dual Air Command II accessory which is the air compressor, air tank, dual guages and controls and the auxillary air line.

Here's the problem. My installer ( a local shop that I really trust) cannot figure out where to put the air compressor. The installation instructions just say "under the hood". The problem with a 6.0L engine is there really is no room left under the hood.

Has anyone else run into this problem and if so, how did you solve it?

2168 Firestone Dual Air Command II Super Heavy Duty Air Compressor Kit with Gauge and 1/2 Gallon Air Tank

BudMan

dboyw

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have not done this or remember where pictures are, but I remember some people would but the battery box for RVs and mount the compressor inside the box and then mount the box to the frame.

When I ever get around to purchasing a tank and compressor, this is probably what I will be doing.

Other one I have seen is to relocate the batteries to the driver side of the truck, and put the compressor where the passenger side battery was.

GO BIG

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have not done this or remember where pictures are, but I remember some people would but the battery box for RVs and mount the compressor inside the box and then mount the box to the frame.

Exactly what I did. I will post some pics when the rain stops.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14