need help with axle dust seal

McDizzle

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well i pulled my axles to replace the hub seal and had the dealer installed them but now im having problems with the new dust seals(F81Z1S175HCA Axle seals) i bought that are at the end of the axle housing. i put them on the shaft and slid the axle back in the housing and it didnt seem to fit very well(the old one was worn down to nothing so i cant reference off the old one). its to big to fit inside the housing and to small to fit the outer groove. :dunno so im not really sure how it is suppose to fit.

Kyle

Last edited:

Frankenstien

Frankestien
Reaction score
Mine have been spinning freely now for 240,000 miles... its a dust seal, you have an actual oil seal near the pumpkin that keeps the nasties out. When I did my hubs at around 100K I too bought new seals.... with the same results. after some reading and looking I relaxed a bit. Since then 140K +- a lil bit no issues. BTW replaced the front gear lube about 2 months ago....almost as clean as the new I put in.

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
X2 what Frankenstien said. I did the ball joints a year ago and had to change that SEAL. It just keeps the junk out and is not a true seal. Let it spin.

Dave

01psdrw4x4

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Makes me fill better also, I had put them back in once. My buddy's 06 250 is doing the same thing, after I had seen his I didn't worry so much about it anymore

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14