need some injector help.

selphdanny

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Ok guys I've tried all kinds of things to try and fix this studder issue I'm having. I replaced my injectors about a month ago I replaced the cps twice. I've noticed the truck Idles great starts up great I've also noticed when I take off my injectors get really loud then quiet back down . I've been told I need to do a contribution test. Well I don't know where to start with that. Can anyone recommend some on around Orlando fl or somebody let me barrow a scanner that can do it. I can either pay to use one or pay somebody to help me out I'm getting very pissed with this thing and it it keeps it up ill have a new cummins sitting in its place. Thanks in advance guys.

Tail_Gunner

CRJ & ERJ A&P Mech.
Reaction score
You might have a problem with air in the fuel. The fuel injectors will get noisey if air is in the fuel. Typically one area where the air gets in, is through the slip on connectors in the fuel line between the tank and the fuel pump mounted on the frame under the driver's seat.

A fix is to replace the OEM fuel line and the slip-on connectors with good old rubber fuel hose and hose clamps between the top of the tank and the fuel pump.

Another source is the pickup assembly in the tank. The widely discussed fix for that is known as the "Hutch" mod and involves getting into the tank either by drooping the tank or by lifting the bed to get to the tank.

IDSTROKER

Blackfoot ID
Reaction score
there is a sencor on the drivers side head by the fuel bowl i belive it's called ICP remove that make sure there is no air in the head and full of oil thats what we had to do to get rid of it on a truck with the same issue after installing injectors...

selphdanny

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Thanks guys I'm gonna pull the icp tomorrow and check. If that don't work ill drop the tank. I know its gotta be something stupid that I'm missing.

selphdanny

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Well guys i think I made the common mistake of getting tunnel vision with the studder issue. My problem with the studder was a simple 26 dollar fix. My fuel filter. I changed it out to day and it has studdered a couple of times after the change but on the 30 mile ride to work it has majorly improved. By the time I got to work it was running great. So thanks again for all you guys ideas. I guess you can't let them sit to long. The fuel filter wasn't really bad but it had a slime on the bottom of it. I cleaned it all out in the advance auto parts store parking lot. Now good to go. Thanks again.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58