New Ford

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Your actually pretty luckey,I cant even hear the radio in mine.

John..

Looking at your Sig., Here's a coupla things you can do to quiet down your 7.3 some ?

1. Replace the QD type fuel line connector on the INLET side of the fuel pump, with piece of fuel hose and 2 band clamps. It's a Pressure fitting, not suitable for suction. You might (probably are) getting air in the fuel system from that point on.

2. Install a High Pressure Cross-over oil line between the L & R oil rails. Equalizes the now, dead ended oil pressure that "Pop" all 8 injectors. mainly the LL #8. (many SDD vendors have them)

3. Increase the fuel pressure to 60 psi. at the Fuel Pressure Regulator. The injector "Cackle" will be reduced noticeably.

If you do a SDD Search on any of the above.. you might see my Ramblings on how to DIY. If not.. PM me for info ?

Joe

Fer Cheap mods too. Can be done in the Driveway.

john griffin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'll check them outas soon as I get the 5er put away.Truck will be in the shop for plow bracket maintenence anyway! Thanks! I think most of my noise comes from the straight pipe and turbo inlet though.The QD fitting is on the frame mounted supply pump?If you could PM me with a source for the parts that would be good!

Last edited:

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Noise reduction or not.. those mods will make a 7.3 run better.

Joe

IDSTROKER

Blackfoot ID
Reaction score
Sorry gentleman just real busy at work lately. So I do have a few question on the new truck.

1. exactly how does one activate the exhaust brake tow/haul ?

2. what about warm up some say yes some say no it got down here the other night to 35 and I started it to warm but never idled up.?

3. we went camping about 3 weeks ago pulling the 12000 # camper flat hills and rolling hills it was good pulling the big hills was awesome to but I did notice that the engine coolant temp was starting to pretty warm just past the 1/2 way mark on the gauge. the truck wasn't acting like it was even working hard. Not sure why it was getting warm. I wasn't even in a hurry it was maybe 3 to 4 % grade with curves I was pulling around 50 to 55 MPH. ?

I do love it it pulls like a dream. just figuring out a few new thing about it.

01yellerCobra

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sorry gentleman just real busy at work lately. So I do have a few question on the new truck.

1. exactly how does one activate the exhaust brake tow/haul ?

2. what about warm up some say yes some say no it got down here the other night to 35 and I started it to warm but never idled up.?

3. we went camping about 3 weeks ago pulling the 12000 # camper flat hills and rolling hills it was good pulling the big hills was awesome to but I did notice that the engine coolant temp was starting to pretty warm just past the 1/2 way mark on the gauge. the truck wasn't acting like it was even working hard. Not sure why it was getting warm. I wasn't even in a hurry it was maybe 3 to 4 % grade with curves I was pulling around 50 to 55 MPH. ?

I do love it it pulls like a dream. just figuring out a few new thing about it.

1. You have to have it in tow mode or manual. There's a button on the dash that activates the brake. Should be right around your knee.

2. I let mine warm up a bit. But I rarely see 35. 40's is cold for us. I use the remote start in those morningso.

3. I know exactly what you're talking about. Mine does it coming back from Az when I hit the mountain. It's normal for these trucks. As long as it cools down you're good.

IDSTROKER

Blackfoot ID
Reaction score
I am not sure about any buttons it has the built in Brake controller and tow/hual mode other than that I have the sway control button.

I have always let me trucks warm up. To me that just needs to be.

Well if that's normal I won't worry to bad about it.

Thanks for the info.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58