New job and moving to Nebraska

CHPMustang

Reaction score
I'm only about 200 miles or so from there (Cheyenne, WY) and we see a LOT of UP iron rolling through town. Heck, I saw UP Challenger #3985 under steam a couple weeks ago and that was an AWESOME sight.:D :D :D :D :D
I know you meant that post for me John:D One of these days I'll get to see 3985 up close:sweet

Ironmerganser

Ironmerganser
Reaction score
Welcome to Nebraska!!!!!

My wife works for UP in the corporate office here in Omaha. She has been there 11 years. She never gets out to North Platte, but my buddies and I head out that way during hunting season to chase sharptails.

have fun with the big iron!!!

Last edited:

mille-ryan

Loco Parts Changer
Reaction score
Thanks for the welcome, I cant wait to get started and get out of Colorado.After it all settles down and money goes good I hope to buy a boat next year.I love the water, and not much of that near me now.

jvencius

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the welcome, I cant wait to get started and get out of Colorado.After it all settles down and money goes good I hope to buy a boat next year.I love the water, and not much of that near me now.

No Sir, you're incorrect. There is plenty of water in Colorado, it's just that most of it is in the frozen white form. That makes boating considerably more difficult, but not impossible if you're sufficiently motivated.:roflmao :roflmao :roflmao :roflmao :roflmao Check your PM's--I'll send my contact info in case you're planning to get to your new place by the I 25-E470 (why anyone drives through downtown Denver unless they need to go downtown I'll never understand)-25-I 80. I live right at the I25/I80 junction and might even find it in my tightfisted little heart to buy you a cold one when you pass through town.

ramprat

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm only about 200 miles or so from there (Cheyenne, WY) and we see a LOT of UP iron rolling through town. Heck, I saw UP Challenger #3985 under steam a couple weeks ago and that was an AWESOME sight.:D :D :D :D :D

I've seen it a couple times & was standing on the viaduct when it went under us & smoked us :tongue2 :tongue2 :tongue2 :tongue2 :tongue2

CHPMustang

Reaction score
We got to see 3985 while visiting John in Cheyenne last December,it's indeed one of the last mohicans on the rails:cool: :sweet

jharvey

Shutter Bug
Reaction score
And none of you have any good pics of this engine???? :dunno

Congrats Ryan hope all is going well for you

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14