Reaction score
at least here in the South...

Watson Mill Covered Bridge
Built in 1885, spans 229 feet across the South Fork River

original.jpg

Russ

Found On Russ' Drive
Reaction score
John if you want covered bridges, just go to easter PA. The Amish built lots of them

jharvey

Shutter Bug
Reaction score
Russ, I'd love to get up that way especially into the New England area during fall leaf season.

BamaSixGun

SDD Super Mod/Staff
Reaction score
we have quite a few over here in bamaland john.

i live about 25 minutes from one in Oneonta, AL. i have driven across it before, a very scary thing to do.

Easley Bridge (1927) is the oldest of the three remaining covered bridges in Blount County, all of which are still in use. Located in the Rosa community, the bridge spans the Dub Branch. Members of the Tidwell family built all of the Blount County bridges.

easley.jpg

Covered Bridges of Alabama

haulin8or

Full Access Member
Reaction score
:photo Nice shot John! We camped there last year. I love those old bridges! Hey, when are we going to Hooters again!?:thumbs

jharvey

Shutter Bug
Reaction score
:photo Nice shot John! We camped there last year. I love those old bridges! Hey, when are we going to Hooters again!?:thumbs

Hey Greg, I remembered you telling me about camping there, kinda of a small campground.

I guess we can meet up whenever Ruth will let you out of the office :roflmao

haulin8or

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey Greg, I remembered you telling me about camping there, kinda of a small campground.

I guess we can meet up whenever Ruth will let you out of the office :roflmao

Had one of the tightest 'hair-pin' turns (surounded by trees no less) in the camping area I have ever come across in my camping career! YIKES :eek:

I am sure I can get out of my shakles at work any time! (hey, isn't there a thread about shakles somewhere around here? :roflmao ) Heck, I'll meet you there today! :thumbs

powerboatr

living well in Texas
Reaction score
we have quite a few over here in bamaland john.

i live about 25 minutes from one in Oneonta, AL. i have driven across it before, a very scary thing to do.

easley.jpg

Covered Bridges of Alabama

heres another view of that same bridge....notice the splintered wood and yes folks are still driving over it, i chickened out to drive the towboss across

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14