odd states

powerboatr

living well in Texas
Reaction score
"If your vehicle will be registered in California, Maine, Massachusetts, New York or Vermont,
check with your Ford Dealer to be sure the desired powertrain/axle ratio is available in your area."

is this to say folks in them states are left over a barrel if they want a proper ratio to match the load, 07 guide has this listed in bright red large font on every page, last year it was small script buried in text.

I was browsing through the 2007 towing guide.......
not to much changed ..... still no definitive answer on a SC tow boss? must be 08 :dunno

95_stroker

Jefe
Reaction score
My guess is its an EPA thing. But I do agree with you, Cal, Me, Ma, NY and Vt are odd states.

94f450sd

certified nutjob
Reaction score
hey leave my state out of this!!:watchout but then again we cant tow a car on the back of a towtruck unless it is registered and insured or have a repair plate on the truck.even though our insurance is the same coverages and cost on a commercial plate as it is for a repair plate.in other words this state is F#$&ed:rolleyes:

W4RLR

High Tech Hillbilly
Reaction score
94f450sd said:
.in other words this state is F#$&ed:rolleyes:
Taxachussetts...they have some rather draconian gun laws there too, don't they? At least they had one saving grace, they sell beer and wine later than Connecticut, at least they did when I was a mere lad in college. Many was the time I was called to make a beer run to Springfield when we ran dry in Hartford. As for California, I met my wife there. I love the idea of swimming in the ocean in the morning and snow skiing in the mountains in the afternoon, all within a day's drive. But bring money. The only way I could stay there was in military housing.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14