Oil in my boost tube

GO BIG

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So when I was changing my intercooler out to the new banks IC I ran across oil in the boost tube and IC. It worried me and i wanted to ask if this was normal.

Now I had a friend back in college that had a Lighting and he had a oil accumulator that kept oil out of the IC. Anything like that an option for a turbo application?

Any help would be appreciated.

Zookie400

I WANNA GO FAST
Reaction score
search around for the CCV mod. the oil is coming from the crank case venting into the air intake. the oil vapors cool and collect in the CAC and piping.

GO BIG

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So... is it a problem? Some of the forums have been saying that they can feel performance gains with a ccv mod. Also all this extra oil in the dry end of the turbo worries me.

Additionally they are suggesting vent to ground? Is that an option?

GO BIG

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Perfect. Thank you for the pics. Does anybody think an oil water separator for a compressor would work in line? I know it will not filter the air coming through but it might separate the oil?

Any ideas?

Zookie400

I WANNA GO FAST
Reaction score
it would need to have large cfm@0psi capabilities, the crank case breaths pretty heavy when the engine is working hard. i think it would definatly do an excellent job of collecting oil, but you dont want to pressurize the case due to restriction at the filter.

we are actually working on a fix for the same issue on my friends "racing" tdi jetta. 30psi boost makes the oil disappear out of that little bugger rather fast! i dont know how it would work out on a 6.0, but for his engine we are making an oil seperator housing that will screw into the valve cover and drain back into the pan. this would not replace but assist the factory ccv oil seperator system. just a though...maybe someone can get a mod named after themselves and a wiki???

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14