oil leak near / around turbo / oil pump

evest668

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I have an 07 f250 6.0 has a pretty bad oil leak like while at idle you can see a steady stream of drops of oil dripping down from the top of the motor looks like it is coming from the turbo area its a good amount of oil leaking like after 5-10 munities of idling there is an oil puddle about the size of a dinner plate but it doesn't seem to leak wile driving?? I did have some one take off and clean the turbo a while back and this started about 2 -3 months afterwards....

i pulled the turbo off yesterday and don't see and obvious leaks i suspect the leak is at the drain tube but not sure the o rings look to be ok but also worth noting the of 3 turbo mounting bolts the one on the passengers side was loose like I didn't need a wrench to remove it simply unscrewed it by hand the other 2 bolts were missing! i noticed the part of the turbo that is an "actuator or piston" that is held in with a snap ring there is a little oil pooling in the "chamber" sorry I don't know what this part of the turbo is called is this a possible leak source? any thing else i should check before replacing o rings and missing bolts and putting it back on? thanks for the help in advance its much appreciated

Attachments

• oil.jpg
    oil.jpg
    106.7 KB · Views: 1

MikeMcK

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
There is what I believe is an oil sensor on the top of the engine. I had a rebuild done last year and shortly after had a very bad oil leak. took it back to them and they replaced/tightened to stop the oil leak. Now a year later I have another very small leak in the same area. Worth looking at as it is a very simple fix. Mine is an 06 6.0.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58