Oil Leak

AK Rover

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I know this is going to be kind of vague but hoping someone a lot smarter than I can point me in the right direction. I have an oil leak that is clearly from the rear passenger side of the engine. Looking up at the engine from the bottom I can see a lot of oil but can't really pinpoint where it is coming from. Is there anything in that area of the engine that is common for oil leaks? Looking at my usual parking space it has been dripping for a while but it seems to have gotten worse lately. My last oil change (about 1500 miles ago) I switched to Royal Purple 15w40 and really don't like the idea of leaking it all over the ground at $40 a gallon.

jherman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i recently had a leak coming down the back of my motor when looking up from underneath, the guys on here suggessted some sensors and the blue hose from the intercooler. there were no wet sensors so i replaced the blue hose and it was cracked all over but you couldnt tell it until it was off, after about a week of dripping all oil leaks stopped that blue hose was leaking alot, and this is crazy but my mileage increased from 12.6 in town to 13.2, and i am not kidding but i guess i was looseing boost which means lost efficiency.

AK Rover

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do you by chance have a picture of where I could find this hose on the engine? I really don't want to spend more time than absolutely necessary under the tree since there is snow on the ground.

jherman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i dont have one but if you are looking at the motor on top there is a short blue hose about 3" in diameter that is directly behind the alternator on the top left side of the motor. this short hose has one hose clamp on the turbo and one hose clamp on the aluminium pipe leading towards the front bumper in front of the radiator. it takes about 5-10 minutes to change, you loosen the clamps and it will pull off, clean the turbo side and the aluminum pipe side and then spray the inside of the new blue hose with hairspray if you have it and that will insure a good seal, if you dont have it dont worry about it.

jherman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
while you have the hose off it is easier to use a flashlight to look down under all the componets into the valley below and see if you see any oil down there coming out of the different sensors that are bolted in the valley, sometimes these sensors leak and it runs out the back also check out the pictures of my oil leak and see if it looks like yours its under a post last month titled "Back from Mexico Picked up a Leak"

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14