Oil level too much?

rammertide07

Full Access Member
Reaction score
About 2 weeks ago I got my oil changed at wally world before taking a trip back home. I just checked my oil level and its about half an inch above the full mark. Is that too much?

I've been told that too much oil is bad....been told the reason....but can't remember what it would do.

JRJ04

Reaction score
yes, thats too much. make sure the truck is warm and let it sit for about 15 min. and then check it.

rammertide07

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yes, thats too much. make sure the truck is warm and let it sit for about 15 min. and then check it.

I gave it time to cool down before checking it the second time. Guess I'll go and let some drain out.

Thanks;tu

What does it do if there is too much oil though? Just wondering so if something falls apart I will have an idea where to start.

JRJ04

Reaction score
and to add to that...youll also build up too much crankcase pressure which could potentially cause oil leaks in places you dont wanna deal with.

ckelly99PS

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Just make sure that it's pure oil in there and not extra fuel or coolant, which both indicate bigger problems.

rammertide07

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just make sure that it's pure oil in there and not extra fuel or coolant, which both indicate bigger problems.

Yea, all of that is good (knock on wood). I think that if I'm having any problems know its in my front axel...or maybe an alignment or balance issue. And The zoodad mod is letting large bugs into my intake.....

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14