Oil pressure gauges

Invader

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I finally hooked up my oil pressure gauge for a 2003 6.0. If anyone wants to know reply here and I'll post it .

cturrisi

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Invader said:
I finally hooked up my oil pressure gauge for a 2003 6.0. If anyone wants to know reply here and I'll post it .

Yes, please post how.....I have been trying to figure out an easy way to add oil pressure and oil temp gauges.

Thanks,
Chris
05 PSD Excursion

Invader

Full Access Member
Reaction score
oil Gauges installed

Invader said:

An O-ring Boss fitting is an ORB fitting.

Here's the parts list one of each:

1) #4 Boss male to 1/4" JIC female swivel (straight piece)

2) 1/4" NPT male to 1/4" male JIC (straight)

3) 1/4" NPT "T" fitting female

4) 6" nipple 1/4" male on both ends

5) 45 degree female 1/4" NPT

6) 1/4" male NPT to female #6 boss (straight)

7) #6 boss male to #4 boss female (straight)

Now the destructions:

Disassemble Flex hoses around turbo. Unplug the EOP wire harness. Remove the EOP Sensor. It is a 27mm. But I had to use channel lock pliers to remove it. It wasn't very tight. The difficulty at first to get it out was a real pain, once it was removed I was comitted to find a setup that worked.
If you don't know where the EOP is, check the 6.0l bible on page 25.
I know there is an oil test port under the EGR cooler, but that was way to difficult in my opinion. The EOP is the sensor closest to the turbo assembly, on the intake manifold behind the oil filter housing.

From using the list numbers above this is the order of assembly.

Install part #1 into intake manifold, o-ring side into manifold.

Then preassembly the following:

Tighten #2 into bottom of #3

tighten #4 into #3

tighten #5 onto #4

Tighten #6 into #3

Slide assembly into #1, with the 6" nipple pointing out the passenger side.
You will need to temporarily move the wiring harness( You'll see which one :cussing: ) around the nipple to start tightening the assembly into #1
Make sure it is tight as I don't think you could adjust it after the hoses are put back on.

Put #7 into #6.

Put EOP into #7

Pull tape off of EOP wire shield for more slack. Take a cable tie around main harness to relieve strest on the single wire leading to the EOP.

Put After market sending unit into 45 degree fitting.

Test for leaks.

Total time I took, close to 9 hours( had to go get the right parts)

I could do it in 3 hours I think now. Not that I'd want to, the boost gauge was a hell of lot easier. :eek: I'll take some pics of the installed product if some can tell me how to post it here. Or I can send them by email.

The space is limited and very slow going, make sure you have something for your knees once you climb in there. :sweet

Jon

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14