Optima Commercial Batteries

nevrnf

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I recently purchased 2 group 31T for my truck. I wanted the larger capacity compared to the automotive version. I spent the afternoon fabbing up 2 new trays to put them in the stock location. I got them to fit and the hood closes. The only contact i have is the Neg terminal on both touches the hood insulation but not the sheet metal.
I am able to use the factory cables and it frees up a little space on the drivers side.
I will post pictures tomorrow when the paint dries.

Tx_Atty

Master Baiter
Reaction score
looks good. I have been wanting to move my driver's side battery back and put the airfilter where the battery is.

Tbar

SDD STAFF/Moderator
Reaction score
Kool set up ya got there nevrnf.

Have you ever seen the blue top batteries? This one is in a piece of construction equipment we are building as per a bid spec.

Note the dual terminals that could be used for accessories.

Tbar

nevrnf

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The only difference between the Blue and the Yellow are the terminal setup. As far as moving the battery back it will not clear the hood as the wheel liner is in the way. As it is in my setup. I would like to lower the drivers battery on the fender side 1/2 -3/4 of an inch but it will require some heating and maneuvering of the wheel liner. It is already pushing down on it as far as it would go.

Last edited:

Mike K

يساعد المعركة لحرية
Reaction score
I always thought that using a blue top was bad in an automotive/car/truck use. It is designed to sit for long periouds of time without charging... hence the 'marine use' on it and when constantly charged then discharged (like when being used in a truck that is driven around all the time) it kills the battery. Any thoughts on this?

We use optimas when ever we can but the military supply system isnt perfect so sometimes we get red, yellow or blue top optimas. It seems that every time we put a blue top in a truck it comes back a few weeks/months later needing new batteries. Yet the red top batteries do just fine. The yellow tops seem to hold up the best, i have yet to replace a yellow top.

Just my thoughts?
-Mike

nevrnf

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Might be true about the Blue tops. It is just what i was told by a Optima dealer:sorry

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14