Orange Boot

BJS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
you'll actually be able to see through the boot it'll crack and tear it's not something that would be missed if you actually looked.

Ford_Forgotton

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Good news. PDR (piers diesel research) is now making a replacement boot for the 94-97 trucks.

One of the members on my NWforddiesel site works with PDR, and had hisorange boot destroy a turbo wheel. He priced a new one at ford for a few hundred bucks, so had PDR mold one up for him.

http://www.piersdiesel.com/FordTurboBoot.htm

there ya go!!

Crumm

Fordoholic
Reaction score
The PDR one is still $100 but better than a dusted engine. I am sure there are blue boots available but for the life of me I cannot remember where :(

BJS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Intake Hose Kit (updated kit replaces orange hose, includes replacement for aluminum center section)
(Ford) F7TZ-9C681-AA $85.25 from powerstrokeshop.com MSRP $115.57
Intake Hose, updated black (Replacement hose for above, does not directly replace orange hose)
(Ford) F81Z-9C681-BA $36.01 from powerstrokeshop.com 48.80 MSRP

you need the more expensive one as it will come w/ new intermediate section & support to bolt to the engine.

JOAT

I Found Nemo!
Reaction score
Even before they tear, the Orange intake boot has been known to collapse and sometimes get sucked into the turbo if the air filter gets too restricted. More of a problem with the stock filter, but best to just replace it and be safe.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jarrburg