overdrive problems

rdroy

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
New to the post, have a question. When I push my overdrive button to tow, I get no response. Is there a fuse or relay that controls this or is it something else that needs to be looked at. Thanks , great site by the way glad I stumbled on it.

stroker21

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine use to do that. What it ending up being was the wires in the steering column had gotten exposed. I just changed the switch out. Pretty easy to do and I think when I did about five years ago it was like under $50.

Zookie400

I WANNA GO FAST
Reaction score
its almost always the wires where they come out of the shifter.
check the fuses, and if one is blown, take the column cover off and check the wires. if the wires are good, then go for the switch. i would try and borrow a buddies before you buy one and see if it fixes it, because i have never seen a bad one.

rdroy

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Thanks guys, this steers me in the right direction, let ya know how it turns out. thanks again

Zookie400

I WANNA GO FAST
Reaction score
OD button is dead, not the wires in the column

I figured i would just continue this thread rather than start a new one.....

about a year ago i had to fix my wires that had chaffed through on the shifter, causing the "OD off" button to not function. when i repaired the wires i secured and protected them much better than the factory, to prevent this failure in the future.

today on my way to work, i hit the button to take it out of od (20 mile drive to work at speeds of 35-45, the OD is relentlessly in,out,in,out,in,out...) and ITS FRIGGEN DEAD AGAIN! i havent actually inspected the wires, but i was in there a month ago and they had no signs of chaffing. i ripped the button off when i got to work and tested that, its good (damnit!)

i know i still need to inspect the wires, and connectors before i get too deep in, but does anybody have any experience with this when it hasnt been the wires in the column or the button? also does anybody have some wire diagrams for me?

trackspeeder

Stone Crusher
Reaction score
I figured i would just continue this thread rather than start a new one.....

about a year ago i had to fix my wires that had chaffed through on the shifter, causing the "OD off" button to not function. when i repaired the wires i secured and protected them much better than the factory, to prevent this failure in the future.

today on my way to work, i hit the button to take it out of od (20 mile drive to work at speeds of 35-45, the OD is relentlessly in,out,in,out,in,out...) and ITS FRIGGEN DEAD AGAIN! i havent actually inspected the wires, but i was in there a month ago and they had no signs of chaffing. i ripped the button off when i got to work and tested that, its good (damnit!)

i know i still need to inspect the wires, and connectors before i get too deep in, but does anybody have any experience with this when it hasnt been the wires in the column or the button? also does anybody have some wire diagrams for me?

If your button is working. Check the connector at the tranny. I don't have the pin number handy. I can find it if you need it.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14