Overhaulin'

Rookie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I check this program out every now and then to see how extreme they go with the restorations and noticed that on every one I've seen they've shaved the door mirrors off. That would drive me crazy not having a mirror. Maybe I'm missing something here but then again I don't care much for the 18" wagon wheels and tires with no sidewalls either...just an observation...

94f450sd

certified nutjob
Reaction score
i watched it once and will never watch it again.the things that they do to classic cars just aint right.the one show i did watch,the car looked better before they touched it.

BamaSixGun

SDD Super Mod/Staff
Reaction score
i actually like the show, chip foose is an awesome designer.

the stuff they do to those cars and trucks, are actually a growing trend of what they call "restomods".

a blending of the old with new technology to improve overall performance.

i personally, would rather have my oldie kept the to factory specs, just like it rolled of the line.

but i do like to watch the show.

hheynow

Señor Aceite de Soja
Reaction score
I too have noted that they remove both side mirrors...and I'm with you. It would drive me cRaZy driving without them. Especially with a Foose paint job. Did you see last night show - '65 Buick?

pdt1081

Full Access Member
Reaction score
94f450sd said:
i watched it once and will never watch it again.the things that they do to classic cars just aint right.the one show i did watch,the car looked better before they touched it.

It all depends on how classic the car really is. If it's just a run of the mill car, it's not so bad. If it has a lot of special features and is a rare car then it should not be anything other than stock.

BamaSixGun

SDD Super Mod/Staff
Reaction score
pdt1081 said:
It all depends on how classic the car really is. If it's just a run of the mill car, it's not so bad. If it has a lot of special features and is a rare car then it should not be anything other than stock.

yep, i totally agree, and i havn't really seen what you would call a

"rare vehicle," that you would want any other way than stock.

they all seem to be just your average car/truck. some may have unique features, but not enough to get into the hall of fame of cars, NA MEAN?!!

Crumm

Fordoholic
Reaction score
I would not feel comfortable at all without side mirrors. I do enjoy the show from time to time and it is OK as far as entertainment goes. I would be one unhappy individual if they ever stole my 96' and changed it in anyway but they can have at my 42' GPW or my 76' Crewcab. They would need two weeks on the 76' to get it done ;)

Rookie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
hheynow said:
I too have noted that they remove both side mirrors...and I'm with you. It would drive me cRaZy driving without them. Especially with a Foose paint job. Did you see last night show - '65 Buick?

Yeah, I did. I made a note to look and see if they pulled them off and yep they were gone. Also I'm not too sure about the paint they did. I don't mind a tutone but...They go a little too far for my taste. Guess I'm too old school hot rod. Give me a lead sled with side pipes and dumps...:thumbs

happeetxn

9/11 Never Forget
Reaction score
I like the show as well. The missing door mirrors would drive me nuts. I have the larger towing mirrors which I love. Rookie they are are up to 3 Exreme Cowboy Challenges now (that I have seen) I graduate in 1 month and look forward to spending a lot more time in the saddle, don't mean to hijack the thread:D .
Craig

Rookie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would think it would be illegal not to have the side mirrors, anyway...

So Craig are we going to see you in these challenges soon? Sounds like when you get done with school you'll be getting in shape for a go...:D

We started sorting again here last month. I retired my mustang to the wife to poop around on (she doesn't ask for much) until my new one comes home. For the time being I'm riding my daughters buckskin. I got my 3 year old down in Oregon for 90 days training and should be able to start using her in late January. She'll come home with a solid foundation for me to work with.
Ron

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14