P0603 Internal Control Module Keep Alive Memory (KAM) Error

MUDDUCK

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
hey everbody, i am new to this site. i was wondering if anyone has ran in to this problem. the only thing i have found for a fix is replace the pcm. it acts like a cps out of shim that comes and goes but i just replaced it because of a code for it and that didnt fix it but i dont get the cps code anymore.where can i find info on (kam) and what is related to? you guys have a lot great info on SDD i just cant find anything on this. i have had my 97 psd for 2 yrs and this is my first problem

WD40

Full Access Member
Reaction score
:sweet Another Texan. Welcome, glad you are here. Bet someone can help you out with your question.:thumbs

roosterdiesel

Earl needs B100
Reaction score
Welcome to SDD Mudduck!

Your Keep Alive Memory error is from your programmer. Installing a chip or disconnecting the batteries will also cause this code.

powerboatr

living well in Texas
Reaction score
Welcome to this great place
from another native texan
lots of good stuff here
KAM memory is usually set by a programer or tuner its part of the whole scheme, but yours seems to be a different sort.
rest assured the knowledge guys will jump onit when they wake up

powerboatr

living well in Texas
Reaction score
never
we can sleep when we are dead :D
to much good stuff going on to rest
up and at em. move move move, ten more pushups:eek:

94f450sd

certified nutjob
Reaction score
dont worry about the code for KAM.all it means is that you disconnected the batterys,batteries died,removed the PCM fuse,or installed a chip

police stroker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's from the programer first time installed on my truck it spit out that code. As long as the programer is on you will have that code that's how ford made it to work. If you get anymore codes referance the tech articles Wiki top right corner of header bar It has all the ford error codes and what they stand for.
Also Welcome to the fourm hope you have fun surfing around!:cowboy:

MUDDUCK

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
THANKS EVERYBODY. FOR SOME REASON THAT IS THE ONLY CODE I GET AND RIGHT NOW I CANT EVEN DRIVE IT THE TC WONT LOCK UP AND WHEN CEL COMES ON THE ENGINE WONT HARDLY STAY RUNNING AND HAS NO POWER EVEN WHEN TURNED BACK TO STOCK. THE CEL WILL GO OUT AND IT RUNS FINE EXCEPT FOR THE TRANS WONT SHIFT RIGHT AND TC WONT LOCK UP. ON THE SCAN TOOL WHEN CEL ALL KINDS OF CODES COME UP BUT THEY DONT STORE. I GOT A PCM FROM NAPA FOR 129.00 WITH MY MILITARY DISCOUNT, I'M GOING TO GET IT TODAY HOPEFULLY THAT WORKS. I HAVE AN EVOLUTION PROGRAMMER FROM BD-POWER, IS THERE SOMETHING WRONG WITH THEIR PROGRAM?

BJS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ok those symptoms are much more beneficial in helping figure out what the problem is.

The evo programmer has no known problems unless you happend to get a bad one which is highly doubtful.

When you throw the CEL what codes to you spring up there those are going to be the important ones. Depending on what code is thrown the trans not locking up etc is a normal response... you'll hear it referred to as "limp home mode" It is entirely possible that the PCM is bad and since you've already bought it it's worth trying. Remember to return your original PCM to stock before you remove it so you can flash your new one w/ the program. Try driving the truck w/o programmer to see if the PCM solves the problem.

ps. please try to avoid caps lock

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58