Pillar Gauge Pod

snoman02

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Hey guys does anyone know where I can get a 3 gauge pillar pod for my '02? I would like one that replaces the factory pillar. I need one that will take 52mm gauges. Maybe that's a standard size, I don't know. I want to use glowshift gauges, but I don't like the pod they send with them that just goes over the existing pillar. looks to cheap for my taste. I want them to look like they came from the factory. Any help is appreciated.

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey guys does anyone know where I can get a 3 gauge pillar pod for my '02? I would like one that replaces the factory pillar. I need one that will take 52mm gauges. Maybe that's a standard size, I don't know. I want to use glowshift gauges, but I don't like the pod they send with them that just goes over the existing pillar. looks to cheap for my taste. I want them to look like they came from the factory. Any help is appreciated.

Most pods [replace] the OEM pillar trim piece.. Or did the instructions tell you to overlay the OEM piece ??

If so.. you might try dieselpowerproducts.com or any of the SDD site sponcer/vendors.

:dunno

strokepower

Stroke=Power
Reaction score
my pod DOES NOT replace the OEM pillar.. it is an overlay.. i didn't even know they made pods that "replace the pillar... cause you're right they look kinda cheap and I don't like it... so im all ears on this topic??

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
my pod DOES NOT replace the OEM pillar.. it is an overlay.. i didn't even know they made pods that "replace the pillar... cause you're right they look kinda cheap and I don't like it... so im all ears on this topic??

Hmmm.. maybe I shoulda said "Some", not "Most" do. Mine replaced the OEM piece, and the others I'v installed did too. Looks good :dunno

Been awhile since I've done any.. maybe they've changed the methods :dunno

Do you have to drill/trim out the OEM piece ? To run the wires & tubeing ?? Seems like you would need to.

Joe

strokepower

Stroke=Power
Reaction score
Hmmm.. maybe I shoulda said "Some", not "Most" do. Mine replaced the OEM piece, and the others I'v installed did too. Looks good :dunno

Been awhile since I've done any.. maybe they've changed the methods :dunno

Do you have to drill/trim out the OEM piece ? To run the wires & tubeing ?? Seems like you would need to.

Joe

yeah one probably should.... i mine just run between the overlay and the OEM piece.. looks fine on the window side cause it lies flush and the door seal covers the egde making it look factory.. but the windshield side looks terrible and it is nearly impossible to drill a hole in the overlay and the OEM piece... it looks horrible... so if anybody has a triple gauge pod that replaces my OEM pillar let me know....

snoman02

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Strokepower, I just put a set of Glow shift gauges in my buddies '96 250 and the pod that they sent with it was an overlay.Neither him nor I liked the way it installed but that's what we had. So I want to find one that replaces it for my truck. I like their gauges just not the pod.

strokepower

Stroke=Power
Reaction score
Strokepower, I just put a set of Glow shift gauges in my buddies '96 250 and the pod that they sent with it was an overlay.Neither him nor I liked the way it installed but that's what we had. So I want to find one that replaces it for my truck. I like their gauges just not the pod.

i know what ya mean...

Auto Meter Truck Parts and other Truck Accessories available at StylinTrucks.com is where I got my piller gauge mount. Looks good, but it is an overlay type.

Dave

Yeah i think that is exactly what I have... mine looks great on the window side but terrible on the windshield side....

my gauges always fog up too... you think that has to do with the overlay or ya think maybe that is coming from a different source?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14