Please take a look

moose35

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Now i have no clue if this is a problem or not. But i was re adjusting the tubes on the engine this after noon and ran across a possible problem. I found oil resting in the coupling. I will try and post the pictures i took. Its the tube on the driver side coming up from the intercooler and into the intake ontop of the motor. The oil is at the top coupling.... The truck is running just fine, i am around a quart low of oil. Please let me know your thoughts.

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Now i have no clue if this is a problem or not. But i was re adjusting the tubes on the engine this after noon and ran across a possible problem. I found oil resting in the coupling. I will try and post the pictures i took. Its the tube on the driver side coming up from the intercooler and into the intake ontop of the motor. The oil is at the top coupling.... The truck is running just fine, i am around a quart low of oil. Please let me know your thoughts.

Kind of "A" typical of the CCV (Crank Case Ventalation) set-up on these PSD's. Oil vapors vent into the intake.. go through the turbo.. then condense/collect in & around the Boots, Charge tubes and Inter-Cooler.

Nature of the Beast. As long as oil consumption doesn't noticably increase ? No worries. IMO

Joe

moose35

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Thank you both for the quick response. I put it back together and still running fine. Know where i can get the clear tube for a boost gauge? I snagged it and it cut......

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thank you both for the quick response. I put it back together and still running fine. Know where i can get the clear tube for a boost gauge? I snagged it and it cut......

;tu

Most any Parts House will have the tubing. Just tell them what yer replacing.. they'll know what to get you. 1/8th" line, with compression fittings works best.

Joe

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14