Question Post D60 Swap Problems

dieseldude96

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Hey I'm new and want to start off by saying hi.

So I have a 96 PS and did the D60 swap recently using 4 degree shims; a degree for every inch of lift. I had it aligned and was told that due to the angle it could not be done properly, and if i had any problems with it wandering or wobbling, to reduce the degree of the shims. Well I had problems so I switched them out to two degree shims and I'm still having problems.
Can anyone tell me whats wrong?

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
Your caster is wrong. The shims that you have are an attempt to correct this. You will need an alignment shop to tell you what you have vs what you want to have. Re-shim as necessary.

Dave

BJS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
they should have given you a printout with what the current readings are and/or told you what angle is out, as Dave said it is likely Caster but you should not have to have shims with a 4" lift the shims are usually needed to correct driveshaft angles, and if you got the 350's front driveshaft then you have plenty of length and a CV at the T-case and angles are not really a problem for you.

Ask the alignment shop for clarification on what is actually keeping them from aligning it and they should be able to tell you what needs to be done if not find a different shop that will actually help their customer.

dieseldude96

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
thanks guys i appreciate it. I'm getting an alignment at another shop today and gonna have them check it out so we'll see what they say

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14