Help Needed Power Windows

Dogman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's not worn out or binding. I have a new main switch for the drivers door to see if the switch is bad. All the ground are looking to go back to the drivers door switch so we will see. I believe the yellows wires are the grounds to the switchs. Theres one red hot and two browns that goto the window switch and two yellows for grounds one for up and one for down. This is what I'm thinking with fords F--- up wiring.:dizzy

95_stroker

Jefe
Reaction score
Just be glad you don't have an aftermarket customizer who has gotten into your wiring.
I bet that does get pretty dicey on those conversions, especially when trying to track a problem similar to this.

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I bet that does get pretty dicey on those conversions, especially when trying to track a problem similar to this.

Got inta one of those once, on my daughters car. Aftermarket Power door Locks and Alarm system... The installer had "A Better Idea" than Ford.. PIA fer shur.

F350DRW1

Waylon Fan
Reaction score
Try running a ground wire to the switch and see if it works. Ground for switch could be bad. I had some electrical gremlins with my last truck. I know how frustrating it can be.

Dogman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
did that F350DRW1. I took the motor off and found something funny here. The motor only has two pins on it for power one pin is for up the other is down heres the funny part the pin for the down becomes the ground for the up and the up become the ground for the down.

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
The switch just reverses the polarity on those pins to go up or down. Nothing strange about that.

Dave

BJS

Full Access Member
Reaction score

yep, I tried to find the picture from where I went tracing wires to label and sort them out before a problem arose (well really figure out what switches went to that did nothing) and I had a driver's floorboard full of wires so much that you couldn't see the carpet. :eek:

RSG

Full Access Member
Reaction score
In the General Truck area, there's a sticky for "free online manuals". I used it to download the engine control wiring diagrams. They include the wiring color too, and it's by model/year. I have the door locks and the power windows pages if you want I'll email.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14