Preparing for winter!

mike.germann

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Bought 2 new batteries today at Autozone. I went with the gold top Duralast (65-DLG). 1000 crankin amps and 850 cold crankin amps, x2. Came with 3 year free replacement, and I think something about an 8 year limited warranty. Cost about $100 each, after military discount. I guess that's not too bad. I've heard pretty good things about these batteries.

Should def be enough to start anytime, anywhere. We'll see :D:D:D:D

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Bought 2 new batteries today at Autozone. I went with the gold top Duralast (65-DLG). 1000 crankin amps and 850 cold crankin amps, x2. Came with 3 year free replacement, and I think something about an 8 year limited warranty. Cost about $100 each, after military discount. I guess that's not too bad. I've heard pretty good things about these batteries.

Should def be enough to start anytime, anywhere. We'll see :D:D:D:D

;tu Yer on it now.

Now git 4 of those treated pads for the post connections.. Or.. Better yet.. some of the spray-on sealant for battery connections.

Fergit the Bicycle, Golf Cart & Generator.. Yer Good To Go.

Joe

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I still think he needs a tricked out golf cart.. lifted, off-roader tires & wheels, flames painted on... :coffee

;):D Well.. Probably So.. One thing we noticed on our RV trip 2 years ago.. the further East you go, the more Golf Carts you see, at EVERY campground/RV park.. Every ONE.. has a Golf-Cart.. EVERYONE :eek:

(At the RV park, South of Marshall Mi. ? It was like going to a Cart Show every evening.. there was a Parade.. Of Tricked-Out Golf-Carts.. Custom paint, Tires/Wheels, Audio, Lights.. Kinda Cool. ;tu)

Last edited:

Smoky

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just left the Mississippi State UAB game and it seems everyone has a tricked out EZ-GO or Bad Boy Buggy. Lift kits with tricked out wheels etc... Boy I sure would like to have one. 64 volt systems. Can you imagine what a battery change would cost.

mike.germann

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I replaced the GPR about 6 months ago, in an effort to diagnose a starting problem I was having. A buddy had a spare and I changed it myself.

sagebel

Stock? Pfft!
Reaction score
I would walk. After a week of hard starts and only driving a short distance you aren't going to fully recharge the batteries.

You don't need a generator. When I went snowmobiling in NY temperatures never went above 0 and lows were in the -20's for the entire week. Truck (2000 7.3) was parked in a bad (only available) spot facing into the wind and out of direct sunlight. Pretty much worse possible case scenario. I was also still running 15/40 oil. After 4 glow plug cycles the truck fired up. Truck didn't like it but it started.

Remember, the GP cylce can be up to 2 minutes. The WTS light will go out before the cycle is complete. Watch the battery voltage, you will see the voltage go up a little when the GP cycle is complete. Take you generator money and buy some more mods.

mike.germann

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would walk. After a week of hard starts and only driving a short distance you aren't going to fully recharge the batteries.

You don't need a generator. When I went snowmobiling in NY temperatures never went above 0 and lows were in the -20's for the entire week. Truck (2000 7.3) was parked in a bad (only available) spot facing into the wind and out of direct sunlight. Pretty much worse possible case scenario. I was also still running 15/40 oil. After 4 glow plug cycles the truck fired up. Truck didn't like it but it started.

Remember, the GP cylce can be up to 2 minutes. The WTS light will go out before the cycle is complete. Watch the battery voltage, you will see the voltage go up a little when the GP cycle is complete. Take you generator money and buy some more mods.

Good point. I've taken plenty advantage of being so close to work :) and on the cooler day's that I drive, I've given the truck 20 or so mins to warm up. i usually drive around base for a while, anything to get the temp to normal operating range.

But def will keep this all in mind. I know it's nothing tooo serious, but i feel its better to ask and learn so i at least know what to expect. :):)

JLDickmon

ursus combibo
Reaction score
;):D Well.. Probably So.. One thing we noticed on our RV trip 2 years ago.. the further East you go, the more Golf Carts you see, at EVERY campground/RV park.. Every ONE.. has a Golf-Cart.. EVERYONE :eek:

(At the RV park, South of Marshall Mi. ? It was like going to a Cart Show every evening.. there was a Parade.. Of Tricked-Out Golf-Carts.. Custom paint, Tires/Wheels, Audio, Lights.. Kinda Cool. ;tu)

you should have met up with us at the Fairgrounds that year.. I could have showed you the fastest golf-cart ever built (goes 70mph) plus the tallest one (has a fiberglass "F150" body on it, and you need the nerf bar to get in it).

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58