pulled in the driveway wont start

Tail_Gunner

CRJ & ERJ A&P Mech.
Reaction score
What he said x2

If it won't even crank, the CPS is not where you want start looking. Look for battery terminal corrosion or maybe even a couple of bad batteries. Also check the other ends of the battery cables that they have good clean conections.

Batteries are infamous for dying in the fall when the temps start to drop. It's happened to me twice. Once about this time 5 years ago and again just last week.

bondsman

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I speak from experience on this one... My son's (17 year old) 1995 had some issues with starting. Taking forever to fire up. We even went as far as installing a switch to bypass the glowplug relay. The day after we installed it, we went out there and fired it up in the cool morning where there would be starting issues. It turned over about 10 seconds, then nothing.... Wouldn't crank, no wait to start, nothing.... He swore it was the start (because we just replaced it the previous week and it exibited the same symptoms). i told him to check the connections. But since he just knows everything, he removed the starter and took it to Advance so they could test it. It was so good it about jumped off the table. My son brought it home and re-installed it. Then he cleaned every terminal from the starter all the way to the driver's side battery. Wouldn't you know it, it fired up better than it ever has.....

Just my little story... Hope ya'll enjoyed it. Just remember to start with the simple stuff first. If that isn't the problem, then you will always have peace of mind knowing you absolutely ruled it out..

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
castellscl