Pulled the trigger on new truck!

KRISTOLSON

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just put a deposit on a 2012 f250 lariat crew cab w/ diesel, pretty loaded up, 20's etc... I didn't think I would buy another diesel, but the end of year rebates are INSANE right now! The diesel was less than a very similar gas! Plus I had a $2500 certificate for owning a ford truck before. The MSRP was 58k, I ended up right at 46k. I hope the DEF doesn't bug me too much??? This'll be my first brand new vehicle ever.

Anyway, I was asked about paint protection/undercoating package, but isnt the joke that the suckers buy all that stuff? It was $1000 so I said no. I did pay for a line-x though, at $549 it seemed like a good enough deal. What do you guys think?
View attachment 12852

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
You will LOVE your new truck. I have loved my last 5 trucks. Wish I could shell out 58K for a new one. Congrats Krist. I also would stay from the paint protection. Nothing but pure profit for the dealer.

Dave :thumbs

W4RLR

High Tech Hillbilly
Reaction score
Good deal on the truck! The Line-X is a good deal, everything else from fabric protection to paint protection is bogus. It's "installed" by the flunkies at the dealership who you wouldn't trust to change your oil, much less do anything else. You got your truck for about $2K more than I paid for my 2005.

Best of luck with your new truck, and congratulations!

WD40

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You did real good, if you want fabric protection, go to the store and get about 3 cans of Scotch Guard and spray it real good before you drive it.
You can do a lot better job than the dealer would do. Enjoy your New truck.
Doug

Tbar

SDD STAFF/Moderator
Reaction score
Congrats on the new truck...!!!

I am enjoying mine. Am considering putting some seat covers on mine.

Tbar

RSG

Full Access Member
Reaction score
great! Congrats!! Your Line-X was a good price based on my experience, and I agree too on the other stuff as money poorly spent. Enjoy! When do you get it?

KRISTOLSON

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks guys. I havent picked it up yet, hope to get it after thanksgiving. I bought it through my wife's uncle, so it is down in des moines, IA. I will fly down to get it when I get a chance.

iracemine

black and tan
Reaction score
Hey now... I was that "flunky" in my youth. And yes just buy a box of under coating aerosol cans (and 2-4 special hoses for the doors), and a few bottles of scotch guard. Then go to town. Some cars I would drill a hole out in the bottom of the door and spray a way at the bottom seam. Fill the hole with a plug when done. Some I did not have time and just skipped it.

But congrats! I keep looking at all of the others that are my truck and see the INSANE rust. I hate salt. I mean I love it.... but it hates me, and my truck.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58